How can I get my gx200 around the performance of the Briggs 206?

MoreHP68

This might be totally useless to ask, but where I live there's no honda class. I would normally be fine with that, but I am not spending $800 for a "built clone". Does anybody know how I can get around 2+ hp. Should I start with a cam and some valve springs?

Here is a vid of what the engine is doing, I know that I need more gear and more low-end torque. As you can see in the video i get slaughtered in the straits compared to the 206.

I've always heard a clone would out run a 206 on a big track because of higher top end of a clone vs the torque of a 206. Makes me wonder how hard you're turning your clone. In any case if they let you mod your clone and you start winning everyone but you is going to be pissed. I'd say bite the bullet and find a used 206.

What rpm were you turning it? What cam and springs do you currently have? If you have a current day cam you should be turning it around 67/69 If you have a good blueprinted head with the right cam you should see 70/71

What rpm were you turning it? What cam and springs do you currently have? If you have a current day cam you should be turning it around 67/69 If you have a good blueprinted head with the right cam you should see 70/71
I have not measured the exact rpm I run sadly, but I cut the governor off so I would say 6800??? I am running a stock valve-train. The only thing I have done is mildly port the heads and put a muffler on.

I've always heard a clone would out run a 206 on a big track because of higher top end of a clone vs the torque of a 206. Makes me wonder how hard you're turning your clone. In any case if they let you mod your clone and you start winning everyone but you is going to be pissed. I'd say bite the bullet and find a used 206.
LMAO, "if they let you mod your clone and you start winning everyone but you is going to be pissed", that is very true. I am torn, I spent literally $20 on this clone. It'll be tough to break out the wallet and buy a briggs. Should I buy Briggs stickers and orange paint? Nobody will know right?

Back