How can we better karting, and intice new racers to bring back karting?

As someone who is not currently into kart racing, but would like to be, I can tell you that for myself and probably others a big deterrent are the complex rule books for engine building. For me the sport is just as much about the art of engine building as it is the art of driving (hence username), I don’t think I could just buy an engine and race it and enjoy the sport the same way, but the endless rules are pretty intimidating, especially to someone who is pretty new to this like myself. as a result I just stay out of kart racing and focus on mini bikes and similar. I think that if the sanctioning body’s simplified their rules, and made them more beginner friendly you would see more people building their engines, and as a result the price of pre-built engines would drop, enabling more people to pick up the sport. Also, to nobody’s surprise the cost (not just for engines) is a big deterrent. I’d like to make it known that I am very much a noob on this subject, so maybe I’m wrong on these issues, let me know.

Back