How can you auto click to last page of a multiple page thread?

paulkish

old fart
When you open a thread is there a way to have threads automatically open to the last page of a multiple page thread, instead of the first page?

I see there's a last button to click for multiple page threads, but lazy me is looking for a way to eliminate the one extra click and always go to the last, most current page, automatically.

thanks

If you look up in the top right, and click 'Settings', then on the left click 'General Settings', you'll scroll down to 'Thread Display Options'. Changing 'Thread Display Mode' to 'Linear - Newest First' should essentially do it. You'll still go to Page 1 of the thread when you open it, but Page 1 will now have the newest comments first, and not the oldest. Hope this helps!

-Andy

Thank you very much it worked.

paul

edit: and a big lol up front.

I guess I just like finding problems. It's great now for multiple pages but if there's only one page I like looking at the oldest first. yeah... dumb real dumb ... :)

but I'll try it for awhile and thank you very much

Lmao. There are numbers below every multiple page thread.... Click the last page? Simple.

It will show 1,2,3... 7. Then whatever the last page is, say it's 7.

When you open a thread is there a way to have threads automatically open to the last page of a multiple page thread, instead of the first page?
if you look to the left of the page description, you'll see a little blue(?) dot. If you click on that, and you have to click right on it, it will take you to the last unread post. If there is no blue dot, it means there are no new posts in that thread.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

Back