How decide on clutch driver ???

We aloud to run a 13 or 14 clutch driver .running engine said to run 6300rpm for best go. Run low bite 1/8 &1/10 dirt oval. I 160lbs myself race in 350lb class... Best way to decide on clutch driver ? Go off driver weight or how fast want accerlaertion ? Thanks for any and all help !!!

Last edited:
Running a 212cc box stock crate engine ..6300rpm range for best hp & torque. Some crack it 6400 little extra but saying after that the extra rpm not worth it.
With little less HP as long as keeping rear gear between 62 and 64 gets you to your target RPM of the 6300, I think you'll find the 14 driver will be better provided the driver holding the wheel is smooth and good at maximizing momentum.

That’s how I decide if the track and drivers around me will let me hold momentum go for the bigger of the two, if you breaking momentum and running into a lot of traffic that causes you to lift a lot go with the smaller. Take off speed will be better with a smaller driver I have found.

That’s how I decide if the track and drivers around me will let me hold momentum go for the bigger of the two, if you breaking momentum and running into a lot of traffic that causes you to lift a lot go with the smaller. Take off speed will be better with a smaller driver I have found.
Or If it feels lazy off the turn go with the lower driver, we've had times where it did not increase lap time but it stopped others racing from being able to get under us and control position.

Or If it feels lazy off the turn go with the lower driver, we've had times where it did not increase lap time but it stopped others racing from being able to get under us and control position.
anytime I change gear it shows up in lap times......

Running a 212cc box stock crate engine ..6300rpm range for best hp & torque. Some crack it 6400 little extra but saying after that the extra rpm not worth it.
all that's great, but I was wondering how you 6300 out of a box stock predator, is it a out of the box predator or its called box stock class and its been modified

Is it a crate 212 or is it a harbor freight predator 212? Big difference in the 2. I can’t see a predator out of box turning 63/6400 not from what I’ve seen out of them.

6300 your turning to many rpms. I run a stock hemi head predator and I turn mine at 5300 to 5400.
We have a limit of 5500. I know in or 425 class we run 20 driver and 56 or 57 rear gear.

Ok that makes more sense. Yes those motors will spin into the 6000 + range easily. Do you know what cam is in that particular motor?

Back