How do date codes work?

Prorookie34

Seems like an extremely silly question and I'm sure it will get answered on another post BUT nevertheless, how do they work?

Doesn't 2022...mean it was manufactured in........2022???

So how is there a pic of a 2023 on here?

Maybe I'm crazy.

Newer for sure, and very curious.

The cycles are always a little bit before the end of the year. I believe 2023 tires started hitting shelves in November. The year has more to do with the production make up of the compound then it does the actual year its made.

The real key is to know when the tires was made, which has to be traced via the place you bought them, and finding out when that serial code batch of tires came from the factory.

Makes sense I guess.

Just wish these tires didn't seem so hard to come by and mandated at the same time.

Hopefully this year we don't have the same issues as the past few years.

I don't get updates from burris and their website and Facebook are not much help

Makes sense I guess.

Just wish these tires didn't seem so hard to come by and mandated at the same time.

Hopefully this year we don't have the same issues as the past few years.

I don't get updates from burris and their website and Facebook are not much help

I'm not sure where you are shopping for tires that you are having a hard time finding them. I haven't had any issue getting Burris 11 or 33 the last year and a half or so. I would stay more in touch with your local dealers on tire availability then I would the Burris facebook or website.

Add the numbers together in the last 4 digits of the serial number. Usually a mix of letters and numbers first 4 are the mold/whatever it is, last 4 are what counts, ####38A1 is a 2022.

I wouldn't worry too much about the date code unless you are buying all 4 for each set. Then your left front will last you for years. I have left front I have had since 2012 that we still run on the left front from time to time from when I was racing and now my son has ran it several times. It's all about stagger, tire pressure, duro, and the right prep.

So 38A0 would be 2021
24A3 would be 2019 ?
Before 2022 it seemed it was 2 large numbers and 1 small, 3 larger numbers to add up to 19,20,21.

T 9 V 9 - 18
9 9 B 1- 19
C 7 7 6 - 20
J 8 7 6- 21

Last 2022's I got had 4 4 4 on some lrs, 8 3 1 on others

Now the only way it makes sense is to add to 12 on the last batch I have seen.

I was trying to match some left rear tires I got at a swap with right sides if possible.
I wouldn't worry too much about date codes on the left rear I would worry more about durometer and stagger. Unless these are sticker tires. Then still check the durometer as some years could be softer or harder than what you want your tires at.

Add the numbers together in the last 4 digits of the serial number. Usually a mix of letters and numbers first 4 are the mold/whatever it is, last 4 are what counts, ####38A1 is a 2022.
3+8+1=12
38+1=39
how are you getting 2022??? please clarify how your math works? I went to art school so....

Not sure it's a literal translation to years. Maybe they assume the buyer can see enough difference between a 2012 and 2022 tire to know what they're looking at?

Most of the 2022's I've had add to 12, they don't add up to 22. Never said it made any sense. Last batches I got in had a 9 and a 3 with 2 letters, an 8 and a 4 with 2 letters, 3 4's with a letter, and then a 2 and a 0 with V and a D.

A 2012 tire weighs significantly more than a 2022 does, let alone its likely to be dry rotted and duro 80 by no.

These are just a couple of pictures I have that have the mold in them on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_5303.PNG
    IMG_5303.PNG
    459.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5304.jpg
    IMG_5304.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5305.jpg
    IMG_5305.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
they ueed to add up to 18 19 20 now 12?? ok?
what about 3x8x1= 24 now subtract the 2 from the 20 in 20-22 so 2-24=22 makes about as much sense

I'm with Brian, it's random by batch on purpose.

Used to add up to the year is correct.

There's no other way to explain the "4 L 4 4" code/batch I got in last week, let alone the other examples I posted in any other way than how JP and I have described it.

Im pretty sure I have some 2021's that need the last 4 numerals added to reach 21. Had never seen that before.

Back