How do I remove the engine shroud?

lbishov1

I dropped the carb bolt into the engine shroud and I can't shake it out. I removed the 4 bolts on the shroud, but it’s still firmly on the engine. Where else do I look?
Thanks

This may help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-225226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-225226_Chrome.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 26
I dropped the carb bolt into the engine shroud and I can't shake it out. I removed the 4 bolts on the shroud, but it’s still firmly on the engine. Where else do I look?
Thanks
There are 5 bolts that hold the shroud in place.
You may also want to remove the starter cover plate to help get the cover off easier.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I did that once during tech. I was able tobfet it with a long magnet. Sure was glad to avoid the time taking it apart

If you drop a bolt, washer, nut into the blower housing it will almost be guaranteed to be stuck to the magnet! At least that is where I find all of mine. As Brian Carlson said. Five bolts One is under the Top Plate , Have to look for it. to the left of the kill switch.

If you drop a bolt, washer, nut into the blower housing it will almost be guaranteed to be stuck to the magnet! At least that is where I find all of mine. As Brian Carlson said. Five bolts One is under the Top Plate , Have to look for it. to the left of the kill switch.
Thanks

Quick story:
I had a customer drop the cup out of the diaphragm chamber when changing a diaphragm on a flathead (and figured it simply hit the ground and was lost.) It actually fell inside the blower housing. He hit it with an electric starter and the little spring cup got wedged between the flywheel and the coil leg and ripped both coil mounting ears off the block. Junked the block (per WKA rules.) All for a $.10 part.

Like Fast Kat said, almost always, I find stuff stuck to the magnet that has no business being there. :)

It also helps if you take the little black cover off the front of the blower housing before you try taking it off.
Yea the one that you use a 7mm socket on and you'll be sorry if you tighten it too much.

Back