How do you cancel or delete a post?

paulkish

old fart
I wrote something didn't want to post it and left the page even the site. When I came back what I had written was still there so I deleted all via backspace and entered a "." and posted the ".". I think it was like once I typed something in to make a reply it was there for ever even if I left the page.

How do I delete something I posted even before it is posted?

see: Do What's Right

I just highlight it and delete it leaving the screen blank.
You are talking about something you hadn't posted yet, right?

That works but some times it shows up again and then im wondering didn't i just fix that . Ill have to try the highlight method
Learned something new today , when looking for an older post you can click on the thread count box and chosse how many pages back to go .
Sure beats going back one page at a time .

Just backspace until you get the "write your reply" in light grey letters, and leave the page. Don't hit post or anything.
Or highlight and hit delete. "Write your reply" should show up.

Only Admin or moderators can delete posts, but registered users can edit

Thats what I do , back space out .
Maybe a tablet thing , sometimes it will reappear whole or in part .
I think because it saves each page if you exit or switch back and forth between pages.

I think it's more of a browser cache thing, and mainly works with the back or forward feature of browser.
If you type something in the box, then go to the top of the page and click on the Off Topic link to bring up the list of topics, then click on this thread again, on my computer what I just typed will be gone.
That's with the new Firefox and Win 10 on a Lenova laptop.

Back