How do you rotate tire sets for max life?

If I run Outback which juniors will normally race a 40 or 45 tire, but if I really want to be ready I need a set of 35 as well. That’s 3 sets of tires. A big race you might bring a 4 set, that punch 50.

Take any track, we need a few sets 3 or 4 to be ready is my point.

Well I’m also told inside prep last 4-5 weeks, then they need to be re-rolled. Then most will only roll them twice and they’re now to heavy and need to be tossed or donated.

Let’s say I never get on that 45 or 50. Are you guys tossing tires been prepped but never raced? Or are finding a was to rotate them?

Keep in mind a Junior might run 5 races before we flip a tire.

I’m just trying to understand how to maximize my tire money.

No sets never raced do not need to be tossed can be raced at some point, Don't play just the duro game you'll drive yourself nuts and be broke at the same time, Don't wipe a bunch during the week UNLESS you know you got SOLID Proven info for where you'll race, Maxxis if series racing day time you'll race twice and flip then toss if you wanta stay up front. If your racing seriously in the Carolinas and don't have someone good with tires taking you under there wing, Do yourself a big favor and get on the phone ASAP with Earl at So Co tire treatments his contact info is listed on his post under his business ad, get on his program you'll get a lot more info than just how to use his prep in general.

Good Luck !!

90% of the time, for a Jr, 45 is too hard for Outback. Goat works well there. Im being conservative with that number too.
Re rolling depends on what inside you are using, some require it more while some dont require as often. For soft sets, i wouldnt re roll for an even longer amount of time because youre killing the outsides with harsh prep.
Guys who dont use the harder tire at Outback either soften it and add to rotation or race it someplace else (Foothills good example).
Most the "regulars" at Outback also race Warrior Creek, so both places are softer tire tracks.

90% of the time, for a Jr, 45 is too hard for Outback. Goat works well there. Im being conservative with that number too.
Re rolling depends on what inside you are using, some require it more while some dont require as often. For soft sets, i wouldnt re roll for an even longer amount of time because youre killing the outsides with harsh prep.
Guys who dont use the harder tire at Outback either soften it and add to rotation or race it someplace else (Foothills good example).
Most the "regulars" at Outback also race Warrior Creek, so both places are softer tire tracks.
Thanks Earl

Back