How do you turn your clone off?

Years ago, in Athens, GA, my son was starting outside of Jimmy Glenn's nephew.
We were parked beside each other, and we were all looking at the new Raptor that Jimmy had built.
I pointed to the kill switch and told Bryan to reach over and flip that switch right before the start of the race. I remember Jimmy got a funny look on his face and said "Hey!
I honestly don't remember if that switch was on the motor or not the next weekend.

We have been pulling the boot off the spark plug, But Chris has me wanting to look into this now. Maybe a kill switch like we used on an ATV. That way if the driver and kart get separated again the engine will cut off. Yes I said again. LOL

Kill switch is love hate .
Had to have a deadman on the hillclimber . Cut the tether too short , your movment would pull it . Make it too long its gaining speed will your floping around .
E stop switch wired so on is down . Tape the clone switch shut so a rock cant shut it off then you cant use it . Toggle switch , more wire . At least clone coils are 10-12 bucks , flatheads were in the40-50 dollar range.

Best switch I have found is the push button Briggs and Straton . It costs a little more , but never had a failure like on a toggle .

When the race is on the line I disconnect my kill wire as well.

I shut my engine off with the CHOKE after the race. Pulling the plug wire out of the coil can be fixed but not fun at the track.

When the race is on the line I disconnect my kill wire as well.

I shut my engine off with the CHOKE after the race. Pulling the plug wire out of the coil can be fixed but not fun at the track.
I don't consider shutting of off with the choke very smart! Thats pouring excess fuel in the engine and washing the cylinder down as well as fouling the plug! Easier to pull the plug wire!

I don't consider shutting of off with the choke very smart! Thats pouring excess fuel in the engine and washing the cylinder down as well as fouling the plug! Easier to pull the plug wire!

Works for me, these engines are so rich on the low side that little more gas not methanol hasn't hurt a thing. Rip your own wire out. I'll change my plug.

Any given coil can go bad at anytime, any given plug can go bad at any given time. So please enlighten us something. If your so dead set on not pulling the wire off the spark plug to kill the engine cause you'll pull wire out. What do you do when you have to change the plug. Just curious. I haven't seen a wire pulled out yet and haven't seen a coil go bad from this. I mean if the wire gets pulled out from pulling off the plug either it was junk to begin with or it's the specific person. It's takes very little effort to get it off the plug so something wrong there. I've seen more issues with switches than anything and haven't had issues with coil or boot or wire.

Any given coil can go bad at anytime, any given plug can go bad at any given time. So please enlighten us something. If your so dead set on not pulling the wire off the spark plug to kill the engine cause you'll pull wire out. What do you do when you have to change the plug. Just curious. I haven't seen a wire pulled out yet and haven't seen a coil go bad from this. I mean if the wire gets pulled out from pulling off the plug either it was junk to begin with or it's the specific person. It's takes very little effort to get it off the plug so something wrong there. I've seen more issues with switches than anything and haven't had issues with coil or boot or wire.

It all depends on the person. If care is taken the wire would be fine. Clone wire is short and its so easy in the seat after a race, with gloves on, in a hurry, to reach over and tug a little to far when your excited or pissed. If care is taken the wire is fine. If you have a racers pulse, quite often one is pretty amped-up and mistakes happen. Most races I use the kill switch as stated. I only use the choke if the switch doesn't ground well or after a critical race night is over and I had previously disconnected the kill wire to prevent shorting from a rub or wetness.

Never said I only use the choke, but it is an option.

You enlightened?

On my old Flathead I went to Radio Shack and picked up a pushbutton two pole type switch. I mounted up by the steering wheel on the fairing bracket. Think I may do the same with this clone.

Yea that works . So does my proctor-silex toaster๐Ÿ˜ way better then the 4 slice Chinese shiny thing .
Do you have some evidence that the Proctor Silex toaster isn't just another shiny Chinese thing, because the one on my counter says Made in China.

๐Ÿ˜Š I can't verify at this time . As we are in two different locations .
It's close to antique so Im betting , usa .

Back