How is the state of karting in your area?

I was wondering how the sport of karting was doing in different areas around the country. Here in the part of Ohio where I live there used to be 5 dirt tracks that ran on a regular basis. Now there is 1. Hope it isn't like this all around. Just wondering. Thanks for any input.

There used to be 5 or 6 I think it was within and hour and a half from my house now there are 2. Technically 1 because I would never dare to put my kart on the other track, its a mud pit and just not worth it because people don't know how to drive either. But the other track in my area is AMAZING and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Its managed well and always a good place to run at and it is very family friendly and just overall a good fast track to run at. The only bad thing is it will get a big divit in 3 and 4 and if you go in like you should it will basically unload the chassis and you have to get the kart hooked back up to the track. I always say I wish I lived in the Carolinas or somewhere where karting is bigger. I always see good deals on stuff and it is always in the Carolinas and on the east coast.

I was wondering how the sport of karting was doing in different areas around the country. Here in the part of Ohio where I live there used to be 5 dirt tracks that ran on a regular basis. Now there is 1. Hope it isn't like this all around. Just wondering. Thanks for any input.
Same way near owensboro ky.

It cycles here central PA last few years it's on the up swing, all tracks close here are still operating, i'm fortunate I've got 7 Stars, Selinsgrove, Pennscreek, Shellhammers, Hunterstown, trailways once a year ( but sounds like we're losing it)all with in 1 hr of me, a few more western PA have closed

Our home track closed up a few years ago, so we travel now minimum of 2 hours, with a couple of tracks we race at being 3 hours away..

Same way near owensboro ky.
There is 4 tracks less than hour from me in Hopkinsville- Triple D, Wagoners, and Hillbilly in the Elkton- Russelville area. Plus an indoor track and another Elkton area track that says they will reopen this year. 41A is 45 minutes from me, the asphalt track in Owensboro, the indoor tracks in Greenville and Sturgis. Miller Raceway isnt in the neighborhood but isnt that far.

Theres only 1 track in southern Illinois bellerive. Right across the river in Sturgis Kentucky they run an indoor winter series. Would like to go to Miller raceway in Indiana but it's a couple hours away. Anybody ever ran there?

There is 4 tracks less than hour from me in Hopkinsville- Triple D, Wagoners, and Hillbilly in the Elkton- Russelville area. Plus an indoor track and another Elkton area track that says they will reopen this year. 41A is 45 minutes from me, the asphalt track in Owensboro, the indoor tracks in Greenville and Sturgis. Miller Raceway isnt in the neighborhood but isnt that far.
We lost briar patch,southhill,seedtick,vincennes,rockportjust runs every other week.we be lucky if it runs next yr since ricky moved to florida.du qouin has shut down the greatest indoor around.the track in benton shut down,fordsville,myer creek,and darren oberchain in logan county has all shut down in last6 yrs.oh yeah 3 forks shut down too.

We lost briar patch,southhill,seedtick,vincennes,rockportjust runs every other week.we be lucky if it runs next yr since ricky moved to florida.du qouin has shut down the greatest indoor around.the track in benton shut down,fordsville,myer creek,and darren oberchain in logan county has all shut down in last6 yrs.oh yeah 3 forks shut down too.
Duqoin was fun they would have like 300 entries they would race till 5 in the morning sometimes

Theres only 1 track in southern Illinois bellerive. Right across the river in Sturgis Kentucky they run an indoor winter series. Would like to go to Miller raceway in Indiana but it's a couple hours away. Anybody ever ran there?
I race at Millers from time to time. It's a nice place.

there are indoor races almost every weekend thru winter, here in oklahoma. ie jan 21-22 creek county arena raceway, jan 28 fms at harrah, jan 28-29 red river showdown in Duncan.

Booming here in Central Florida! We have races all the time, and some premier tracks all within a 2-3 hour drive. Kart counts are up too at most events.

South Ga. seems to have more tracks,up here in north ga. area there is Checkered Flag,Dawgwood speedway,and every now and then GKK has a few races. There used to be a number of tracks around here that are now gone. Ettawah speedway,Currahee speedway, Frogtown speedway,Blood Mtn. speedway,and some i've forgotten the names.

Seems like the tracks in Mississippi are popping up with each Dollar General lol. Greens Creek, Carson (Those two being only 15 minutes apart), Square County, Jackson MKS, Back 40, and George County. That's all I know of.

East TN Lost Dumplin Valley, and Beechnut (two best tracks) two+ years ago lost Buffalo last year. Gained two new ones but I believe one of the new ones went under. so we now have two. Ashway and Godspeed. they are both pretty good and are included on a couple of the Burris tours.
there are several in the surrounding area within 3 hour drives including Dagwood GA, Beaver Creek AL, GKK GA, Clay City KY, all are primo tracks BTW.

Back