How long to roll 55's using hot box

Depends if your talking for Internal, or just using box to heat tire to wipe outside at the track, for Internal I would not go over 90 degrees and roll 6 hrs min. But as mentioned better to roll cold in my opinion.

Also depends on how much internal you are rolling in the tire and which prep. More dense preps (heavier oils) take longer to roll into the rubber. For a typical 2 ounce right side, I've seen 4 hours at 70* room temperature be adequate with one prep and take more than 12 for another. I recommend 24 hours for all of our preps and no more than 2 ounces per tire per roll (just to be safe.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Also depends on how much internal you are rolling in the tire and which prep. More dense preps (heavier oils) take longer to roll into the rubber. For a typical 2 ounce right side, I've seen 4 hours at 70* room temperature be adequate with one prep and take more than 12 for another. I recommend 24 hours for all of our preps and no more than 2 ounces per tire per roll (just to be safe.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We have ran 3oz burris many times sometimes 3 1/2 oz and had great results!

We have ran 3oz burris many times sometimes 3 1/2 oz and had great results!

"...two ounces per tire PER roll." Maybe I wasn't clear -- I prefer to roll only 2 ounces at a time. If I need a 3 ounce tire, I'll roll 1.5 ounces (twice.) This helps prevent wicking up on the sidewalls as much. Hopefully that made sense to you. :)

Back