How many on a hemi predator

On a box stock hemi gov removed...how many races can you get? Can you refresh back to stock and go again or retire engine to the dump?

I've run about 25 weekends on gov-removed hemi. Strong frontrunner even now though I strongly believe setup is king.
It's eaten a healthy mouthful of dirt at least twice if not more during that period.
I'm changing it now because of the downtime/off season but I wonder if it's even necessary yet.

This engine has probably 15 shows on it. I have took good care of it oil changed ever race and i take air box and filter off every week and clean them up well no sign of picking up dirt in carb not to say it hasn't though...thanks for the tip..so to refreshin one rering,rod,lap the valves and new springs?

This engine has probably 15 shows on it. I have took good care of it oil changed ever race and i take air box and filter off every week and clean them up well no sign of picking up dirt in carb not to say it hasn't though...thanks for the tip..so to refreshin one rering,rod,lap the valves and new springs?
The engine I speak of is on it's third set of springs. Stock in the beginning, then green stripe 10.8's twice after. The red and yellow stripe 10.8's were showing out of spec with our tech man's method. Just fyi.
As far as freshening up the internals, others with more knowledge could tell you better than I.
I'm just sharing what little I have experienced.

i wud imagine change the oil more than once in its life/year... month... <5-10 hours? and clean and OIL the air filter, tighten air filter hose clamp well and carb bolts and it will last a good long time with 10-30 synthetic? purists change oil after days racing... 1 pint of oil vs $100+++ motor, cheap insurance. dispose of oil properly of course

I should have changed the oil after the feature while it was hot and stirred up.
Every race.
I did not.
Would frequently load up and think about it the next morning. Then I'd get to the track the next week and be like "oops...I forgot to change the oil."
A couple times went 3 weekends without a change. I'd end up putting in whatever 30w I could find. Very poor oil maintenance.
However the air filter and all fasteners were routinely checked.
No issues

Back