How many races on predator engine

DJR

How many races do you run a predator until you get a new one. I probably have 20 on mine now and it seems fine, but wasn't sure when to refresh.

They really don't wear much. You might slap a set of rings on it after a long while and pull the rod cap off for signs of excessive wear in the rod journal or crank but these motors really didn't have enough rod clearance in the stock rod to be running the heck out of them without adding a bit of oil clearance. Some have better clearance than others, but I'd say if you have put a lot of laps on yours and its still running fine you got a good one. Might check your oil clearances with plastigage to see where you're at.

going on season 2 with mine. way over 200 laps and only changed air filter,sparkplug oil and valve springs. front runner again this year so far

LOL i just did the math on this the other day. on one of my motors i have 3 years on it.. 4T oil only, 14oz each change.
i have over 3000... 1/6 mile laps on this one engine. I lap the valves every 4 races. (about 1000 laps or 6ish hrs of racing) each race is between 40 and 60 miles. it is use primarily for entrance races. once and a while we run it in the regular program is someone brakes a motor or kart. We are talking about honing the cylinder and putting in new rings this year. OH when we lap the valves we check the torque on the rod bolt... just to be sure.. NO mods to this motor at all. Have fun

WOW....

"i just did the math on this the other day. on one of my motors, i have 3 years on it.. 4T oil only, 14 oz each change.
i have over 3000... 1/6 mile laps on this one engine. I lap the valves every 4 races. (about 1000 laps or 6'ish hrs of racing) each race is between 40 and 60 miles. it is use primarily for entrance races. once and a while we run it in the regular program is someone brakes a motor or kart. We are talking about honing the cylinder and putting in new rings this year. OH when we lap the valves we check the torque on the rod bolt... just to be sure.. NO mods to this motor at all..
."

advertisement for PREDATOR MOTORS? like the Mc Crary brothers riding Honda Trail 50/70's across the US, 100 miles a day...3000 miles to show Honda's reliability. the brothers weighed ~730#/ EACH

Back