How many sets

bullerman

Have been running box stock class with grooves. Only run one track. Been thinking about building me a Predator and running stock light. In theory how many sets of tires would I need. The track was rock hard at the first of the year now it is soft.
I really don't want to get into the tire prepping game that is why I run the grooves. I know I will have to if I run light. Anybody have a simple tire prep program? I know this is a vague question and there are a million answers just looking for opinions.
There is one of the the guys that runs light that had started a tire prepping business. If it isn't too expensive I would just let some body else do it and tell me what to do at the track.

Its not hard to get on a very simple program. I would stick with track tac or a local individual so you have support.

Tires are like an addiction -- you can never have too many of them!
But, consider that you can only put 4 on the kart at a time.
You can compete with the same 4 tires (depending on how they're worked,) but the advantage always goes to the guy with more options (tires) if he knows what to do with them.

We've got a very simple tire prep program if you're interested, just give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back