How much Does it Cost for You Guys to Race?

WKA road race is about $125 per race. Most of that goes toward track rental and insurance for the weekend.

$154 sounds quite high, this must be a ritzy club. If it's the only game in town then you might be stuck with them.

Are we talking just entry fees and pit passes? For 3-4 classes (pro included) at a bigger show in the midwest that would run you around $300.

If we're including the tire bill that total goes to around $1000.

If we're talking all inclusive fuel to and from the track, food, pit space, consumables, and wear and tear on body and engine, that total easily approaches $2k.

WKA road race is about $125 per race. Most of that goes toward track rental and insurance for the weekend.

$154 sounds quite high, this must be a ritzy club. If it's the only game in town then you might be stuck with them.
It is the only club around. It's also a very big club, pretty popular.

From you're location I would guess it's The Woodbridge Kart Club. If so they have been around for ever and are a very well respected organization in my opinion. Forget the money get on the track and have fun while you still can. Lol later Chuck.

How much? I wanna know if the club I'm in has a reasonable price. It's $154 for one race.
WKC is a very good club...I raced many years with them,Won track championship...There fees were the highest of any track were I raced but you got a lot of track time...Each race is 30 min from green to checker.....Plus the practice time was long as well...Summit point is a 10 turn 2 mile track....Lots of fun.....There are several Dirt tracks close to you..There entry fees would be less but you tire bill would be more if you want to be competitive......If you enjoy asphalt road racing the WKC is one of the oldest and best.......

WKC is a very good club...I raced many years with them,Won track championship...There fees were the highest of any track were I raced but you got a lot of track time...Each race is 30 min from green to checker.....Plus the practice time was long as well...Summit point is a 10 turn 2 mile track....Lots of fun.....There are several Dirt tracks close to you..There entry fees would be less but you tire bill would be more if you want to be competitive......If you enjoy asphalt road racing the WKC is one of the oldest and best.......
Yeah. I run both tracks. Shenandoah and Main. It's a nice place.

WKA nationals are between 100.00- 150.00 for a day of practice and the same per class for race day. It will vary some depending on the track .(Daytona 150.00 get the picture) It' been about the same price since the 80tys.That I can remember hope that helps. Best bang for the buck in karting in my opinion.Later Chuck.

Back