How much internal prep?

What are track conditions? What kind of tires? I run maxxis pinks and blues and in my right sides I do 2oz-4oz. Also depends on what you are rolling. Let me know what kind of tires and then I will check out the track tac internal prep and let you know. Also are these new or used tires?

60cc minimum I'd say, but as already mentioned, totally depends on what kind of surface condition you expect to use them on...hot temp daytime, cool moist night time, soft unpacked dirt, hard as asphalt blackened rubber down, low bite/high bite.....so many possibilites...

I'm assuming you mean Blacksand on the outside and Kryptonite inside, but if not don't use Blacksand inside, you're wasting it. It does nothing inside.

What's the duro target you're shooting for? The directions just give you how much drop per ounce.
The directions are 3 to 3.5 points with 1 ounce in an 900, so you can judge how much you need. Btw, 30cc is essentially 1oz.

Kryptonite typically you'd run 60-90cc. 60cc you'll generally end up around 54-56, 75-90cc you'll end up around 52-48.
What track is it, and you can get more detailed info.

Last edited:
We run Maxxis with 90cc and try to get to the track punching 50, then, depending on the conditions that day, wipe external. Burris we do not internal, Vegas either but we dont often see cold wet tracks until winter racing. Then anything goes.

I'm assuming you mean Blacksand on the outside and Kryptonite inside, but if not don't use Blacksand inside, you're wasting it. It does nothing inside.

What's the duro target you're shooting for? The directions just give you how much drop per ounce.
The directions are 3 to 3.5 points with 1 ounce in an 900, so you can judge how much you need. Btw, 30cc is essentially 1oz.

Kryptonite typically you'd run 60-90cc. 60cc you'll generally end up around 54-56, 75-90cc you'll end up around 52-48.
What track is it, and you can get more detailed info.
this is what I was looking for thanks

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of kart tire prepping....and at times, confusing, maddening and probably the greatest expense there is in this particular format of racing....😁

Black sand I would say isn't a good track side wipe as others have already said takes time to cure, but in a pinch, I've used black sand and acrysol 50/50 with good results...

Yeah 50% black sand and 50% acrysol is something you would wipe immediately after you got finished drying off the tires after you came in from a race. So that time you get to the next race your tires are nice and cured

should the outside feel greasy after you prep with blacksand?
Yes, the greasiness is how it builds bite. Use straight Blacksand during the week, then use something like Orange, Sapphire, or Quick Dry, or Acrysol or some other pre race wipe at the track to cut the greasiness.

What you wipe track side should be determined by track conditions obviously. If you don't really need a pre race wipe, wipe them first thing when getting to the track with Acrysol to get the greasiness off.

As others have said you can cut it up to 3 parts Acrysol 1 part Blacksand. The most common is 50/50.

Black Sand and SQS 50/50 works good trackside and so does Rough Cut Diamond to…. If your racing in conditions where black sand is your prep through the week either of those work good as a trackside wipe.

Back