How much is too much Cross?

1fasttiller

Hi gents, my son has been on a Slack Pursuit now for a little over a year, we had a '21 and now on a '22 and even though they are supposed to be the same kart, this one just seems to love cross, he weighs 320lbs with kart and runs Jr3. we find that every time we add cross he seems to get faster. I'm just curious to know how much is too much? We're already well above the PMI suggested setting for a Jr (or even adult for that matter). We do run on pretty hard, fast tracks all over the SE here in FL and GA. I guess it will drastically slow down when we reach the breaking point? What other sign(s) should I look for to show too much cross?

If you keep getting faster, add until you slow down, then go back one. Baselines are just a starting point. All drivers, all driving styles are not the same, so all setups may not match.

Don't panic and pull it to early in practice unless you're on the right tire just for hot laps, but if you go past what it takes you'll loose the RF
Good point, I'm known to panic in practice like a dummy... :) is Jasper known to get very bit up and hard? we've only been there like twice for sat night races

Well we found it! Kart performed well in Jr2 Friday night at the W100 and came from 13th to 4th, he was turning faster laps than the leaders but ran out of laps. Saturday was a different story in Pro Jr stock with no plate! kart was twitchy, hard to drive and pushed on exit all day. I believe we found the limits of a Pursuit! :)

Well we found it! Kart performed well in Jr2 Friday night at the W100 and came from 13th to 4th, he was turning faster laps than the leaders but ran out of laps. Saturday was a different story in Pro Jr stock with no plate! kart was twitchy, hard to drive and pushed on exit all day. I believe we found the limits of a Pursuit! :)
What was the track like in Pro Jr? Or were the tires not right?

Back