How much oil for an animal motor

Thanks I was told 16 oz and was having oil filling up in catch can. I guess over filing it doesn't help thanks I'm using Amsoil synthetic 4T racing oil for Briggs & Stratton

12 ounces is not enough!
You are asking for way bigger problems that some oil in the catch can.
If you are getting excessive oil in the catch can there is something else wrong.

You say 12oz is not enough. What you did not say what is the proper amount. What then is the proper amount. Thanks. And what else might be the problem. A response with out info helps no one.

Anyone know what may be causing me to get oil in catch can motor runs good. Just rebuilt it, just ran first race last week end.

Maybe the rings are not seated throughly yet. Have you got the stuff to do a cylinder leak down test. That will tell you alot.

Jimbo I am trying to understand why you say things are wrong but do not give any valuable information in return. The ring set up I used was from info on here which I verified from other engine builders. So in your great opinion what would have been the correct set-up. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for any useful info.

Back