**How Much Oil**?

not saying your not doing something right or wrong, but changing the oil that often can get down right expensive! again, i run 110 octane race fuel with a stock appearing carb (thanks ARC!)....good power and it doesn't penetrate to the oil....i guess that's why i can get two race nights out of one oil change....but, if it keeps your engine running right......

What kind of track are you running on? I think that makes a difference. If you are running WFO for long periods of time and or cornering hard, pushing the oil against the side I would be inclined to run more.
I run 20oz in mine on a .7mile sprint track. 15deg mount and it pukes out............nothing.. not a drop. Go figure!
Haven't run less than that yet and it looks like I run a lot longer than others between changes, best guess is I'm running 50miles or so.

i'm on a 4/10 mile, medium banked, 'd' shaped, paved oval. it's a monster for a kart, but awesome for a super late model. turn one/two is tight heading ontoo the back stretch, but you can get set for three/four easily. coming out of four is a trick! it's a sharp "snap" to get down the front straight and get a good angle on turn one. the start finish line is on the straight part of the "D". we don't allow running in the upper groove because the tower can't see the karts, so you have to snap it down from floating toward the wall....one the back stretch tho....you cna hang it out there and get some good speed heading into three!! our heats are 6 laps and the feature is from 10 to 15 depending on what the track wants to run (usually the 15 lap features are to make up for other classes that aren't being run). we run WOT from the drop of the green and running 16 ounces keeps everything nice and lubbed!

Oh, I wasnt asking you directly mikey, more of a general question... :) Maybe I'll try 16oz.... Would hate to junk the motor though, even if parts are cheap.

Who wants to setup their clone and dyno on a centrifuge?

Back