How old is to old of a chassis for saturday racing?

CodyH00

Looking to get back into some kind of racing. Looked at legends cars and just don't see it happening. How old of a chassis is too old ? just looking to run at tri county in kenly, nc. Have a phenom or a 2012 charger i might be able to get on a deal ?

So your saying take the charger over the phenom ? I have raced in the past but it has been many moons ago. 2013 was the last ride i took.

Both will be fine for Saturday night racing. I still ride an 05 phenom and when I hit tires right the karts a rocket. The charger will have more roll speed potential but seriously either one will work for what you want.

Hey I won with that chassis
Hey bud
They aren’t joking
The competition in the Midwest at the tracks you run at are nothing like the southeast
That just shows the difference in competition across the countrie
Good Job on your win though man it shows you are better than the competition
But in all honesty a lot of us on here wouldn’t stand a chance against most. But there are some on here who would smoke us and be able to stand there own with the completion in the southeaste

There are a few really good old karts that still perform well, maybe not the best in the southeast (I didnt see that you were there wanting to run the best or are in the southeast),
Phantom Nemesis is one, also an Ultramax Octane Blaze. Both in the 2005 era. I am sure there are probably one or two more that would be fine for your weekly racing.

There are a few really good old karts that still perform well, maybe not the best in the southeast (I didnt see that you were there wanting to run the best or are in the southeast),
Phantom Nemesis is one, also an Ultramax Octane Blaze. Both in the 2005 era. I am sure there are probably one or two more that would be fine for your weekly racing.
The OP is in NC, and Shorttrack suggests a 2000?
Not gonna happen, if he's winning on a 2000 model chassis his competition is lacking

All depends on your expectations, even for weekly Saturday night racing, there are those you will be competing against that will spend whatever they need and have the best/latest equipment available to try to assure success everytime they hit the track, if you don't have any success of your own with the older stuff, it will be very easy to blame it as not being competitive against the newer stuff and get frustrated and want to quit, but every kart has potential, depends entirely on much time and effort you will want to put in to get it fast enough to satisfy you...

Now, I know this was two of the biggest races in my area this year so far. And the OP asked about Saturday night racing. I personally feel like 2010 and up if you're starting out. Once you get established, have a decent knowledge of what you're doing for Saturday night stuff decide if a newer kart is what's holding you back or if it's seat time/tire knowledge.

We were at Talladega last night for the Frost buster, one of the faster tracks in a southeast, and BeaverCreek two weeks ago for the Maxximillion race. A good buddy of ours has been running a 08 Tempest in Predator. But, they're extremely good with setup and tires. If anyone else tried it they'd be lapped before they knew it. But, he won both races at the Maxximillion race in Predator. At Talladega he qualified 4th in Heavy Predator and finished second. Medium qualified 4th finished third. A few people can take them and make them work reasonably well. But, I don't suggest most try it, lol.

All depends on your expectations, even for weekly Saturday night racing, there are those you will be competing against that will spend whatever they need and have the best/latest equipment available to try to assure success everytime they hit the track, if you don't have any success of your own with the older stuff, it will be very easy to blame it as not being competitive against the newer stuff and get frustrated and want to quit, but every kart has potential, depends entirely on much time and effort you will want to put in to get it fast enough to satisfy you...
Cool UAS kart you have

did I miss what class you want to run . Some Predator classes require a sprint chassis . The clone class needs a good chassis , remember setup and tires first

Not gonna happen, if he's winning on a 2000 model chassis his competition is lacking
There was a old video on youtube i wish i could find.a pro rider rode a xl185 dirt bike and he raced a amatuer on a new 450 bike and the pro beat him by like 3 mins on a hare scramble race😂on a 40 yr old dual shock bike.kicked his butt..i remember first kart book i read ,it said ya can win with a washboard if ya work on it enough.i believe it.

Back