How to add cross?

94sdad

Ok, I am trying to get more cross in our kart. Very large driver , have been told by several people I trust that we should run very high cross up to 70 percent. What are the best ways to get that much? At 64 percent now. What can we do LF, or RR to help?

Give Mark a call at Trick and see if you really need to go that high on cross. He will give you all the information you need. Good guy. sorry I couldn't be of more help.

we race near that. you will have a very hard time getting to that number.
you can't add enough weight to gain much because as you add weight your weight goes up as well.
assume you have spindles maxed out , the only other thing is the rear axle if its adjustable.
increased frt stagger would help if it did not causes handling issues.

Am I adjusting correctly on front spindles. RF have washers on top pushing tire down and opposite on LF ? Can I move the wheels in or out on rear to gain some cross?

You may need a 10* spindle, most likely you have a 5* on the left front....i do believe that will allow you more cross adjustment if i remember right, but Trick should be able to tell you exactly what you need

Can changing the caster or camber put more cross in or take cross out?

Yes. Adding positive camber to the LF will take away cross; taking away positive camber will add cross. Adding negative camber to the RF will also take away cross. Usually 1/2 degree of camber change will change cross by about 1%. When adjusting camber you should reset your cross in most cases - adjusting camber is about changing timing, not a way to change cross, and timing is what you should be looking at with camber changes, then deal with the cross change camber adjustments produce.

Back