How to apply treatment?

hyperninja17

What is the best way to apply prep to a tire? I have used a paint roller in the past which has seemed okay. I see most people just wipe it on with a rag. I know one guy who uses a sponge or something and says he practically scrubs the prep into the tire. Any help would be appreciated.

I prefer to use a paint brush. Less waste and my hands aren't getting in the stuff. Much easier to use without contaminating your prep can as badly either. I sell the brushes and prep cans through our shop, or you can pick them up at Lowe's or other hardware stores near you.

I see lots of racers wiping preps on with bare hands - or even with gloves, but SELDOM do I see racers WASHING their hands after prepping. (No, the same wash water used for cleaning the tires between races is hardly adequate.)
These are big reasons I really like using a paint brush.
One: I hate wearing rubber gloves. Two: Putting them on and off all night is a pain. Three: Time to "dress," apply prep, & wash up afterwards. Four: Wasting prep and cross contamination. I could go on -- paint brush for me -- y'all can go on with your "wax on, wax off." :)
If you are going to use the wax pads, etc....DEFINITELY wear good quality gloves!

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I prefer to use a paint brush. Less waste and my hands aren't getting in the stuff. Much easier to use without contaminating your prep can as badly either. I sell the brushes and prep cans through our shop, or you can pick them up at Lowe's or other hardware stores near you.

I see lots of racers wiping preps on with bare hands - or even with gloves, but SELDOM do I see racers WASHING their hands after prepping. (No, the same wash water used for cleaning the tires between races is hardly adequate.)
These are big reasons I really like using a paint brush.
One: I hate wearing rubber gloves. Two: Putting them on and off all night is a pain. Three: Time to "dress," apply prep, & wash up afterwards. Four: Wasting prep and cross contamination. I could go on -- paint brush for me -- y'all can go on with your "wax on, wax off." :)
If you are going to use the wax pads, etc....DEFINITELY wear good quality gloves!

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I use Ziploc bags and label them so I never use the same pad on different preps. :)

I use Ziploc bags and label them so I never use the same pad on different preps. :)

I use the same brush (unless I'm prepping with something totally different back to back.)
No need for more than one pad, rubbermaid containers, ziploc bags, labels, wringing anything out, rubber gloves, etc. - just one brush. :)

I know most guys like their wax pads though. Just sharing what works for me and why.

Back