How to build your own tire washer

I'd use a post about 4" high sticking up from a square base with a 5/8" bolt welded straight up on the end of post. Mount a hub on it with 3 bolts sticking up. Then I'd make a crank handle that had an old drilled out hub on it that fit onto the studs and could turn the tire. I'd put that whole assembly into a metal pail that had tabs welded inside and nylon bristle brushheads ziptied to the tabs. Insert tire, mount crank handle, Fill with water and detergent and rotate tire. Remove, rinse, repeat, I can fab it if someone wants to pay me.

Yeah, but those models are expensive and don't like to live in the trailer.

Hit the nail on the head with that statement....my wife washes them but with a look on her face saying there's a million things id rather be doing.....but she does cook on the grill when she ain't scrubbing tires

Later this year she is gonna have to wash twice as many our youngest will be starting in June or July. I may need to follow this thread a little closer to see what yall come up with.

Later this year she is gonna have to wash twice as many our youngest will be starting in June or July. I may need to follow this thread a little closer to see what yall come up with.

Do they kart race in Utah?? :cool:
Don't know about you fellas...but one is more than enough for me! I'd go insane with more

There's a guy on FB that advertises one on the karting classifieds page for $150 looks like he uses an Igloo cooler

I love this - I suggested to my wife and her response was you have to be kidding me!

And that is even with a kkp washer to use. :)

Take a truck tool box cut it to size. Cut a hole in one side then bolt a rear bearing to it. Slide a axle through it with a front hub on it so the tire can rotate. Weld a socket chuck on the end of the axle outside the box to turn with a drill. Use a hot water heater element to heat the water and a brush to clean the tire. Hope this helps.

Back