How to clean front bearings

We use the removable inner seals, clean and lubricate with a spray weekly. Front and rear. They roll nicely and maintenance is a breeze.

I pop the seals out with a small pick, spray out with brake clean, follow that up with compressed air, and finally spray with lube of choice (I like triflow). Pop the seals back on and put everything back together.

This is part of my weekly maintenance.

How do I clean my front bearings on my go kart?
We use (and sell) replaceable bearing shields.
Makes the job effortless and much less time consuming.
AND they create zero drag, unlike every seal out there.
Before these replaceable shields became available, we did exactly as the fellows above suggested (other than I don't like to use compressed air on ball bearings.) Brake clean followed by Tri-Flow.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I purchased a $79 ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight and filled it with WD40. Remove the rubber seals, drop the bearings in and go do some other type of maintenance while they’re being cleaned.

I will have to try this on my front bearings. Speaking of cleaning chains I got the best chain care kit I have evr had. It is a maxima 3 step kit and I am telling you it is the best stuff i think.

I purchased a $79 ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight and filled it with WD40. Remove the rubber seals, drop the bearings in and go do some other type of maintenance while they’re being cleaned.
I do about the same thing, but I use a crockpot, with simple green.
Works very well.

Back