How to deal with drivers who cause issues on the track

In the same breath i have raced with a couple guys and my kids with a couple who just block the bottom the whole time and make no attempt to run a good fast line, you are 5-10mph faster than them on entry and i am hitting them so hard on entry that his head is snapping back but still couldn't knock him out of the line

In the same breath i have raced with a couple guys and my kids with a couple who just block the bottom the whole time and make no attempt to run a good fast line, you are 5-10mph faster than them on entry and i am hitting them so hard on entry that his head is snapping back but still couldn't knock him out of the line
Your doing it all wrong you don't hit them, you get square behind them ease into them near the end of the straight and you push them Into the turn a lot harder than they are ready for shove them up drop under and go.

We have the same issue, if you cant blow past them...they'll pinch you down to the infield or ride you up to the marbles. But heaven forbid you touch them and here comes the whining, *issing and moaning.

Your doing it all wrong you don't hit them, you get square behind them ease into them near the end of the straight and you push them Into the turn a lot harder than they are ready for shove them up drop under and go.
It was the promotor's kart so it was a lose lose for us. They drew the front row of heat races every week all season. Dang you guys should go to vegas.

It was the promotor's kart so it was a lose lose for us. They drew the front row of heat races every week all season. Dang you guys should go to vegas.
After the 4th week of lucky draws it would have been my last race there.....AFTER the promoter had alot of fixing to do on the kart if it was slower but would not get out of the way.

Give it back to him and hang on, plain and simple. Make lots of friends and enemy’s that way, but if he can’t understand what he does and take it when it happens to him maybe a tumble in the dirt at the scales is needed? This is the main reason I can’t run just one track I have to float around, people and places annoy me so I’ll go to the next one and cycle through lol.

That's a really tough one. My kids race karts and I don't encourage dirty driving and won't defend their bonehead moves when they happen. Sounds like this person is intent on contact though. I tell my kids that at least you know what to expect from dirty drivers. If you know it's coming you may be able to drag the brake a bit early to plant the rear of the kart, then pull the crossover and nail him in the next corner. I don't condone it but some people you can't tell anything :(

If the move me cause they're faster fine. But if you move me cause you had an opportunity and I get back to you. You get free shipping. I promise it will be fast and you will not like where you end up. Pinch me down for no reason you get fed the RR. Once again you will not like how far up the track you go. I don't like having to get really aggressive. But I can do it very well. Had a race a couple weeks ago me and the leader tapped each other bumpers all day to get the other one up just enough. We didn't wreck each other we didn't drive each other through the infield. It was great fun hard racing.

If the move me cause they're faster fine. But if you move me cause you had an opportunity and I get back to you. You get free shipping. I promise it will be fast and you will not like where you end up. Pinch me down for no reason you get fed the RR. Once again you will not like how far up the track you go. I don't like having to get really aggressive. But I can do it very well. Had a race a couple weeks ago me and the leader tapped each other bumpers all day to get the other one up just enough. We didn't wreck each other we didn't drive each other through the infield. It was great fun hard racing.
Good hard racing is what it's about!

You have to show a bit of grace, sure, but if the guy continues to use your rear bumper excessively, and a friendly talk after the race doesn't yield the results that you are expecting, then it's time to talk to the track owner/promoter, and flagman (without the usual whining.) If they aren't willing to take some action, then it's likely time to find a different track to race at.

Similar case for us on dirt; There was a particular racer who was fast but chose to race us like this. My attempt at a friendly talk with the father of this particular driver resulted in his puffing out his chest, spitting while cursing at me, etc. So I instructed my driver that the next time it happened to intentionally dump them. Not what we wanted to do, but no one else was willing to make a call. Trust me, it was obvious enough that it got the track's attention after that.

I liken flagmen to referees at a basketball game.
If the refs call every little tic tac foul, then you'd better be on your best behavior and race cleanly.
If the refs let the bigs inside beat and bang on each other, then you'd better be prepared to get your elbows up and race to the level of the officiating.
Again, not how we prefer to race, but if that's the way the game/race is officiated, then be prepared or take your kart/dollars/business elsewhere.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
You know Brian is an Indiana boy with the basketball analogy. Great advice, words of wisdom.

Why don't you bring this up at the driver's meeting. Don't say any names, but make sure the track promotor and flagman no your complaints.
If it continues dump him every chance you get. That's the only way some people learn.
I've seen bounties put on people to take them out because of rough driving all the time.
You can move someone' without dumping them.
There is a difference.
We have, but nothing changes. Small local track with one flag man.

I usually start with reminding them of the old school theory that we all live by......

"Race how you want to be raced!"

I would politely tell them that while also pushing the track to address.

Back