How to lower nose weight

Patkohns

2019 rival, can not for the life of me get the nose % under 48. Have all the lead mounted on back of seat, moved seat back as far as I can and still have kid reach pedals. Is there another way I'm missing to get that nose closer to 46

kartboy63

I know this might be crazy but make sure your scale pads are at the right place, I done that with scales before and could not get the numbers right, one pad was at the wrong place.

Shorten the chain. Make sure the front bumper isnt filled with lead? Nose piece been repaired and heavy as all get out? We always have opposite problem with our cage karts

IronHorse

Trying to lighten my kart I went to aluminum clevises for the brake and throttle along with titanium rods.

Move the pedals?

95 shaw

Site Supporter
Trying to lighten my kart I went to aluminum clevises for the brake and throttle along with titanium rods.

Move the pedals?
Moving the pedals probably beat option.

The geometry says moving washers, changing rake in chassis will net very little, if any, change in static nose weight.

KKania17

What kind of bodywork, is it a heavy duty nose? Does it have the black baseboard molding on it? I had the same issue with a reinforced comp composite nose and baseboard, all weight in back (as much as I could without hurting left, 40 lb for me to run super heavy indoors) lowest I could get was 47.5

Patkohns

What kind of bodywork, is it a heavy duty nose? Does it have the black baseboard molding on it? I had the same issue with a reinforced comp composite nose and baseboard, all weight in back (as much as I could without hurting left, 40 lb for me to run super heavy indoors) lowest I could get was 47.5
Patched fiberglass with floor molding. Going to try moving seat and pedal back further for him

Patkohns

Slid seat back so front supports are all the way back, had to also move pedal back more. Got it to
Left 52.7
Nose 47
Cross 65.7
Corners are
Lf 41. Rf 72.1
Lr 85.8 rr 41.5
Do those look ok?
Rf -2.25 toed out 1/16
Lf .66

Might try a 1/5 mile high bank tomorrow with him