How to mount 6" on 8 3/4" wheel for 32 5/8"

I would like to know how to mount a 6" Vega on a 8 3/4" wheel and keep it down to 32 5/8". Mine always come out 33". I use an adjustable tire ring on all my tires.

The tire itself is made to roll out at about 33", so to get it at 3/8" smaller it would need to be shrunk. You can try tightening the tire ring more, sometimes that does help.

I don't use adjustable rings a lot anymore, but when I did, I would measure the ring out and put lines on it to show how far to tighten it. Basically 34" for rights and 32" for all the lefts. Its easier to stretch a tire than shrink. I have noticed that this year all of our new left rear Vegas have been bigger than years past.

I don't have a huge tire mounting experience but I mounted 2 new thicks and 2 new thins a couple weeks back and the thins came out at 34.5 and thicks 34.25. One LR is 32.75 I forget where the other ended up.

I don't have a huge tire mounting experience but I mounted 2 new thicks and 2 new thins a couple weeks back and the thins came out at 34.5 and thicks 34.25. One LR is 32.75 I forget where the other ended up.
My Yellow Vega thicks come out to 34.25 as well. I heated my LR this morning to 300 degrees I then put the valve core back in and duck it in an ice water bath. It now measures 32 7/8". I still have some work to do.

My Yellow Vega thicks come out to 34.25 as well. I heated my LR this morning to 300 degrees I then put the valve core back in and duck it in an ice water bath. It now measures 32 7/8". I still have some work to do.
Heat it again core out, leave core out put it in the freezer for an hour

I do that with Burris, once we heat cycle a Vega, they have never changed.
yeah I bought a set of used vegas when we started and blew them up to 50 and tried like hell to stretch them. They will get barely to 34 but always go back to 33.75 throughout the night. Finally just left them alone so setup isn't changing through a run

yeah I bought a set of used vegas when we started and blew them up to 50 and tried like hell to stretch them. They will get barely to 34 but always go back to 33.75 throughout the night. Finally just left them alone so setup isn't changing through a run
Depending on the amount of internal used and how old sometimes they just won’t hold. Internal will shrink a new tire 1/8 to 1/4 depending on amount used

Back