How to post pic's on Bob's

GeorgeHenry

How do you post pic's directly on Bob's. What is the procedure? I got Windows 8 on the lap top and got pic's in my photos pictures library. Any body? I know about the symbol on bob's to insert image but after that Can't seem to know what to do after that. example http://

Go to advanced posting, choose manage attachments. Upload attachment and select which to insert in the post.

Ps, if being done mobile, the file you uploaded goes straight in. Then you have to "drag and drop" files from the list. This can't be done after it's initial upload on a mobile device that I know of. So, it has to be done on a PC after it's initially uploaded.

You also can click the little picture in above the quick reply box like you are speaking of, but it has to have a web address to link it to your post, unlike adding a file like ABR is describing, adding an attachment

Yeah, that method you have to use an image hosting site. But, you can also add a direct HTML code from the site. Almost every hosting site gives you the address and code ready to be copy pasted with each image hosted. So it either redirects you to the image, or displays it directly in the post. Just a caution, when using this method the photo's ARE NOT RESIZED! Unless you done it when uploading. So they can be very large, and kill bandwidth for the forum. (Which is why a lot of forums have this feature disable.) or mods will quickly swoop in and delete it, lol.

Yeah, that method you have to use an image hosting site. But, you can also add a direct HTML code from the site. Almost every hosting site gives you the address and code ready to be copy pasted with each image hosted. So it either redirects you to the image, or displays it directly in the post. Just a caution, when using this method the photo's ARE NOT RESIZED! Unless you done it when uploading. So they can be very large, and kill bandwidth for the forum. (Which is why a lot of forums have this feature disable.) or mods will quickly swoop in and delete it, lol.
I always right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location"

Bringing up old thread and with the new page thought I'd ask because I'm not finding it.....but with personal messages how do we send photos locally? I only see the option to post from a website url.
Thanks

I have Windows 10, but it should be the same I think. When I click on "attach files", it takes me right to the last directory I had open when I was logged on at Bob's. But let's say I didn't have an open directory the last time I was on Bob's, in a line above, near the top, you'll see where you're at right now. If you're in the C:/ directory, find the directory with the pictures you want to download, click on the picture, it uploads to Bob's. You then have to choose what size picture you want to display. Make your choice and you're all done uploading the picture.
When you do this, before you leave Bob's, be sure your cursor is at the Start of a new line.

I've had some who clicked on the gear icon on the right of the post box, doing this disables all the icons and they grey out.
Clicking it again re-enables them.
Uploading images as a thumbnail will always put them at the bottom of a post.
If you upload an image inline, so it shows in the post, it's always best to start on a new line, otherwise the image will be to the side of the text.

I may have missed the target I was going for.
In personal messages there's no "Attach Files" at the bottom or an option when clicking "Insert Image".
I see what everyone is stating as I type this response that yes, in fact, I can "attach files" in these forum posts/replies, but this isn't available to me if I try to directly message someone.
So Yes, this function is available in forum posts but NOT in personal messages.
Bob...is this a paid vs. non-paid subscription option?

I see what you mean now.
In the PM's the image deal is in the icon bar, right between the smiley face and the link.
Right about the middle.

I can attach this photo in normal forum posts....but as you'll see in the photo attached....there's no way to attach a photo in the personal messages.
It's all by an online link.

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 12
Back