How to set up throttle

So I am gonna need to set up my thottle on my go kart and there is the regular throttle housing thing like on all karts. What all parts do I need to hook it up? from where the throttle cable attaches to the rod which ges to the pedal, I have no clue about how to hook it up or what parts I need. In the pictures you can kindof the the throttle part I am talking about but I have no clue how to set it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_160537.jpg
    IMG_20200920_160537.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200920_160717.jpg
    IMG_20200920_160717.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200920_160601.jpg
    IMG_20200920_160601.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 45
1602072099637.png
It'll end up looking something like this. Pedal goes on the clevis.
Spring goes between the U-bracket. Cable hooks to the threaded end.
Look up some manufacturer's kart online and see how they do it with these type parts.

is the washer welded on top of the frame threaded ? If so install a pipe / compression fitting in it , run the inner cable around the throttle pedal and clamp it with a cable clamp [ cable clamp is u shaped with 2 bolts , check with a sprint cart shop ]

Not to be a jerk but if you have to ask what parts are needed for the throttle setup you probably would be better off starting with a complete rolling chassis. If you think building it yourself piece by piece will save you money you will be WAY upside down!!!

Not to be a jerk but if you have to ask what parts are needed for the throttle setup you probably would be better off starting with a complete rolling chassis. If you think building it yourself piece by piece will save you money you will be WAY upside down!!!
I have the chassis taken a part, when i got it it didnt have the throttle setup like that and so I wanted to set it up the way it is supposed to be, I cant afford any of the new stuff or anything fairly new, I am 15 and I have football, wrestling, school and I do work when I am not doing that. I can barely fund my small 1 person team right now and I havnt even started racing. I understand what you mean but right now I cant fund that. I would if I could. I am just traying to get it fixed up to go have a good time. I have never done anything kart related before I raced Jr dragsters and help my dad work on his drag car aswell as my grandpas, this is a whole new ball game for me!

is the washer welded on top of the frame threaded ? If so install a pipe / compression fitting in it , run the inner cable around the throttle pedal and clamp it with a cable clamp [ cable clamp is u shaped with 2 bolts , check with a sprint cart shop ]
The full cable set-up . Jim 46 suggests is simple and cost nearly nothing .
A fitting , some nylon line and a cable . Even the spiral housing off a lawn mower would work for the nylon tube .

Back