How to understand air gains and what changes need to be made

MMRELEC24

What is the correct air pressure gains one would like to see after a run using 9psi on left side and 11psi on rites?
should the RF and LR gain the same? and what should the correct gain be on the RF and RR?

Thinking about it the lf is the least used tire . Rr probably the most with the rf /lft rear close behind .
I would hope for a similar gain in all four possibly less in lf frt .

Taking tire temperatures can be a very useful aid in finding out what tires are working/not working/ being over worked. but understand the bigger tires are supposed to do more work and they also hold temp/pressure longer because of their size. the tires are sized in accordance of the amount of work they intend to do.

Air temps on dirt are useless.
Lap times decide.
Tires gains are what they are, the surface of the tire will tell you what you need to know
I run Clone heavy. it seems by looking at my tires i'm not getting good contact patch I am told, because of not seeing enough wear? I start out on low air pressure and try to creep up a little based on what the track is doing and based on what little experience i have thus far. Is there a tire pressure i should stay at or around in my class? I am trying to run at liberty park (2 races now) my highest reads were 6.5 rs bit I ended up going back down .5 in the main. after looking at my tires after the race i still didnt see a good wear.

I am not qualifying well but my speeds are within 0.3 tenths of the leads.

Am I thinking this wrong?

I run Clone heavy. it seems by looking at my tires i'm not getting good contact patch I am told, because of not seeing enough wear? I start out on low air pressure and try to creep up a little based on what the track is doing and based on what little experience i have thus far. Is there a tire pressure i should stay at or around in my class? I am trying to run at liberty park (2 races now) my highest reads were 6.5 rs bit I ended up going back down .5 in the main. after looking at my tires after the race i still didnt see a good wear.

If not showing any wear, the tire may be a tick to hard.
Stay in a range that others in your class runs

If you are just starting out and completely green in this sport. I would suggest getting the most basic set up and use this time for getting used to the feeling of being on the track. Play around with gearing hear and there and ask the front runners sublte questions about simple things. Dont bite off more than you can chew or you will soon be chasing your tail. B4 you know it track time will be less enjoyable than your 9-5 and no one wants that. Always keep in mind not to take it to seriously until you understand what's going on around you. Hell most of us are still trying to figure that part out.

Yes again, how often do you take tire temps in dirt oval karting.
Or is it true you don't race at all?
I take tire temps whenever I feel like I need to. And yes I still race, Just not dirt karts anymore. FWIW I was just messin with you a bit, just for old time sake.

I take tire temps whenever I feel like I need to. And yes I still race, Just not dirt karts anymore. FWIW I was just messin with you a bit, just for old time sake.
That's funny because we never took tire temps in karting and won all kinds of races.
We race super latemodels against the best in the country and don't take tire temps there either, no one does.
So again, taking tire temps on a low powered dirt oval kart is a waste of time

If there was a way to get real time tire temp data, it would be more useful. But, since there isn't it's not really useful.

Regardless where your at as far as years into it, if your one of those guys that cannot look at your 4 tires and read what's going on, and some guy's can't, in this senerio taking tire temps COULD end up being what works for you, the tire that's the warmest Regardless when checked is being worked the most, pretty simple. So by monitoring temps not only when you are having issues, monitoring them after a good run you should be able to see a pattern and get useful information and adjust accordingly, if you try this and you can relate to it, meaning it works for you then the answer to the original question ends up being tire temps have great value.

Regardless where your at as far as years into it, if your one of those guys that cannot look at your 4 tires and read what's going on, and some guy's can't, in this senerio taking tire temps COULD end up being what works for you, the tire that's the warmest Regardless when checked is being worked the most, pretty simple. So by monitoring temps not only when you are having issues, monitoring them after a good run you should be able to see a pattern and get useful information and adjust accordingly, if you try this and you can relate to it, meaning it works for you then the answer to the original question ends up being tire temps have great value.
If you can't read a tire surface, you aren't going to understand what the temps tell you.
There's a reason the majority of racers don't take temps

Back