How to use tire prep and what to use ??

If your racing now or planning on soon starting you need to go to the track your running or going to run and confirm what majority are using as what to use is all track specific, and that's just external then you have Internal which most applications require as well and how much.
Most all tracks have a tire guy confirm with him or her how to use.
Do a search on here you can read for days !!

Ask your local kart shop and buy from them
They will be more than happy to help you out
Also it helps to build a good relationship with them also...maybe discounts later down the road...;)

All of the above.

Also, take some time and read through the posts on the tire forums on here.
Many questions have already been asked and there's plenty of good discussion and guidance on how and when to use preps.

If there's ever anything we can do to help you with using our tire program and prep line-up, please feel to reach out to me on via phone, email, Facebook, or message me on here.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The basics are wash tire apply with a roller or wax pad .
Safety is important as well .
Get yourself a box of nitrile rubber gloves .
Don't let the kids use it .
Some is flamable .
Wash your hands after use .
Be sure to label any bottle you may transfer it too , that goes for fuel and oil as well .

I don't use prep but don't the people that make it have a manual?

a lot of them do... if you get yourself a JC SPECAILTY catalog not only will you get a great deal on a ton of in stock parts....😉 “insert sponsorship proposal here” lol! But they have a lot of prep lines and very good first hand experience of their application and suggested usage to guide you along!

I don't use prep but don't the people that make it have a manual?
I've never seen a manual on tire prepping, but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there. Tire prepping is very dependent upon tire brand (and sometimes model and even when they were made - all of that can change at any time), very dependent upon track conditions, and are effected by how much horsepower you have. There are a lot of variables that effect the results, and rarely only one "correct" answer. That's why others are suggesting following local racer's suggestions, at least until you gain enough experience to start figuring out what works best for you.

The only "rule" that I've heard that is generally true is: the softer the track the softer the tires should be. But you can go too far with that one too!

Even after years of playing with / fighting with this stuff, I like to keep asking questions of trusted racers and shops. They have a lot more resources and a larger results pool to draw from than I ever do.

Back