How you all dealing the weather?

Bengert Racing

About 4-1/2 inches on the ground and still coming down, nice coating of ice underneath. Local news predicts that it will continue to snow untill about 9:00pm or 11:00pm. (depends on the channel ya watch) No telling how much we'll get.

Hunkered down with plenty of supplies. Karasene heater & duel purpose racing generator (lol) on stand by. Plenty of fuel for both if needed.

Think we're lucky compared to the pounding others are getting. Hope your all safe.

Just started snowing and the weather map looks like we can get 5 hours of it. There calling for 3 to 5 and I'm hoping for 5. I've had a generator and today per my wife's request I made an extension cord for it to back feed the house, to at least keep the furnace and fridge running if there's an outage. And... that lead thoughts about I only have 5 gallons of gas and if the powers out, I wonder how far I'll have to drive to get more gas for the generator. I really don't have any worries about power outage because we went three days in a past cold winter before without it and all worked out. It really took the house a long time to cool down and I have a fire place I can use if needed. With the generator even if I loose power for a week we should be OK. If it gets real bad, I'll just go visit Micky Mouse for the winter, let the place rot and have insurance take care of fixing it in the spring. ... :)

Just rain here too. Good time to spend some family quality time but my wife and son are already sleeping. LOL

71 at 11:30pm here ... movin to NC wasnt so bad a dexision after all :D

26* 154 miles South of Dallas, very limited ice. Power out twice today for a few seconds each. However, if we get any freezing rain or sleet, given the number of trees growing into and above power lines, we'll be in a world of hurt.

24 degrees 30 miles north of Austin TX. I know that’s warm compared to some places, (I feel for you brothers) but we’re not prepared for this cold. It’s 44 degrees in the living room and I’ve only two small space heaters to warm my 44 foot trailer. The water pipes are frozen this morning so can’t flush the toilet. Can’t make coffee.
We’re talking an X Calif boy here, never seen this kind of cold in Silicon Valley.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Weather lady on NBC-2 this morning said "we should be feeling guilty" about our beautiful 85º today..................Yea ok I feel bad

I did about 65 yrs. of shoveling, sliding, shivering, etc. back in new jerkey, I am so blessed that my wife decided to get away from all that. I still have much sympathy for those that still have to endure it, but what ever happened to the harbingers of "Global Warming"?

I did about 65 yrs. of shoveling, sliding, shivering, etc. back in new jerkey, I am so blessed that my wife decided to get away from all that. I still have much sympathy for those that still have to endure it, but what ever happened to the harbingers of "Global Warming"?
I understand that Al Gore is making millions telling people how bad the global warming is getting.
How does it go; you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, and that’s enough to maker a good living.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Back