Hunter/Hunting Thread

jaymancds

I dont deem this a political subject, so lets keep it that way. Bob if it goes south I get it.

I'm not a bow hunter, so I havent been in the woods yet, but Saturday is opening day of white tail rifle season here in Missouri. I'm excited and ready to go. I havent been able to hunt since I started college so I'm stoked to get back in the woods for the first time in 4 years. Anybody else gearing up, or already taking some game for the freezer?

123221105_843953523967_3971904316976672671_o.jpg
123358847_843953873267_2208325818602550243_o (1).jpg

I save my buck tag for a true wall hanger, last day buck, or flintlock buck. Fill the freezer with my 2 doe tags.
Score is 2 wall hangers, 9 last day bucks, 0 flintlock.
Really need 1 more last day buck for double digits. I miss a buck almost every January with the flintlock. A couple of them were real nice too. That feeling is worse than blowing up your engine with 2 to go and a big lead.

I save my buck tag for a true wall hanger, last day buck, or flintlock buck. Fill the freezer with my 2 doe tags.
Score is 2 wall hangers, 9 last day bucks, 0 flintlock.
Really need 1 more last day buck for double digits. I miss a buck almost every January with the flintlock. A couple of them were real nice too. That feeling is worse than blowing up your engine with 2 to go and a big lead.
I'm hoping to just put two in the freezer. Horns or no horns they all taste the same.

Well, I sat in the rain Saturday morning and saw nothing. Sunday was different. I saw a small buck outside of shooting range, and then had a good sized doe and yearling right out in front of me. I somehow hammered a tree between the bigger doe and myself, the bullet exited the tree and we suspect came apart. A larger portion of it continued on and hit the doe, and we found chunks of lead in the trees around where she was. We looked for blood for 15 minutes before we stumbled on the lightest blood trail ever. A drop every 2 or 3 yards type of trail. 3 of us tracked her for over an hour until we got to where the blood stopped. The doe was no where in sight, and the neighbor is pretty sure he saw the same pair about an hour after I shot, and said they were both walking fine. Went back out Sunday night and didn't see a thing. Now I'm hoping the boss lets me have Friday off so I can get an extra day in the woods.

My biggest, took with bow in 2014. 5.5yrs old, had him on camera for 3 years, but no one in our group ever saw him.

Attachments

• 28B75BD4-5ED8-4959-94A8-A0E47527DCD3.jpeg
    28B75BD4-5ED8-4959-94A8-A0E47527DCD3.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 42
Back