Hunter/Hunting Thread

My brothers grandson posing with my best last day buck.

Attachments

• 8 pts 16 Spread.jpg
    8 pts 16 Spread.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 17
Seeing there’s more to hunting than just getting a big one I’ll share last years bummer.
I decided to buy my son and I crossbows last year. The boy shoots a decent 6pt opening morning and in the afternoon sends me a text that a huge 9pt just went by at 15yds heading in my direction. I was sitting on the ground against a tree facing his way. 15 min later I can hear a deer behind me, but it’s closer than I expected, this dang buck walks right up to me within 6 yds and theres nothing I can do but not move. I’m shaking, things a monster, guessing 160ish, he keeps walking forward it’s over, but naw he turns around and goes the other way, no way for me to get a good shot. For the next week I hunt the same stand my son was in every afternoon after work. He would come out every other day, but no closer than 60yds. To nice of a deer to risk wounding him.
On that Friday it’s snowing and blowing like crazy, stops about 4pm and here he comes across the field. This time he doesn’t turn, coming straight on, I’m counting down the yds, he gets to 17yds to my right I hit the trigger and it sounded like someone hit the stand with a sledgehammer. He’s still standing there looking around, like wth was that and I’m like wth happened as the entire bow sprung to the left. He turns around and walks away, I’m scratching my head. I have no idea where my arrow went, I recall seeing the lighted nock for a split second.
I was sitting in a double stand (with no shooting rail) on the left side of the stand, turned the crossbow to shoot him not thinking about the rails on the side of the stand. When I hit the trigger, the right limb and cam hit the rail. I’m inspecting everything, scared to reload it and he comes out again at 25yds. I gave up and just sat there till dark lol. We’ve seen him twice this year, just not close enough. Maybe he’ll be dumb enough to walk in front of one of us Saturday when gun opens.

Last edited:
Could be worst, like a squirrel in the same tree with you dropping acorns on you and the stand, then you hear something coming through the woods and getting ready to shoot and its nothing more than two squirrels fighting and chasing each other and yep, coming right to the tree that your sitting in and runs right up the tree beside you at 100 mph almost fell out of the dang tree, grown man scared of squirrels that day...lol

2 Big 10 point bucks and 3 big does in my daughters city backyard today.

Both bucks had 2 straight hook um horns straight u on top of each side.

2 Big 10 point bucks and 3 big does in my daughters city backyard today.

Both bucks had 2 straight hook um horns straight u on top of each side.
Wildlife in city backyards is rarely good, unless you live somewhere that it is common, such as the Rockies, much of Montana, etc. Typical city people will do very stupid things regarding wildlife, including feeding, touching, reporting to police, etc. Not saying your daughter is like this, but it can seriously alter the mental state of an animal to have that much human contact.

I dont deem this a political subject, so lets keep it that way. Bob if it goes south I get it.

I'm not a bow hunter, so I havent been in the woods yet, but Saturday is opening day of white tail rifle season here in Missouri. I'm excited and ready to go. I havent been able to hunt since I started college so I'm stoked to get back in the woods for the first time in 4 years. Anybody else gearing up, or already taking some game for the freezer?
I skipped the start Saturday to our winter racing series to hunt. Had a good morning...got a 6 & 7 pointer. Can’t get anything else but 4 does this season.

Let's play spot the deer in the backyard.

Attachments

• 1605891603008-1462349038.jpg
    1605891603008-1462349038.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 16058916779342143430454.jpg
    16058916779342143430454.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 31
Let's play spot the deer in the backyard.
My wife wont let me shoot the yard wildlife, told my son I was going to go out behind the shop and with the bow and take care of a few.
Still too warm here for me to even think about killing my yearly young doe, maybe about Christmas, will keep my eye out for the elk too no special tag needed for them here

Well, I went out all day Friday, sat in the rain all day Saturday, and sat yesterday morning. Didnt see a single dadgum thing.

And another and two more. There all over the place. Must be 6 more

Attachments

• 20201123_150933.jpg
    20201123_150933.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20201123_150830.jpg
    20201123_150830.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 21
beautiful
My pictures were from my daughters house in the city. ... :)

Here's what your picture made me think of.
I think everyone from western PA, Ohio, WV and Michigan knows this picture. ... :)

Attachments

• kkk.gif
    kkk.gif
    95.2 KB · Views: 15
Here's one out my brothers upstairs window.
Actually it might be out his third floor window.
He built an octagon widows watch above his second floor.
He's 79 and still working on it. Started off living in a trailer for 3 years while he got the garage built first to put their stuff they moved from their old house in it saving storage cost. Built the whole thing by himself even bringing rough cut wood from ohio to build his cabinits out of.
I sure am proud of what he's done built all by himself. House has cedar shingles and he built a home made paint shingle dipper for them to get them painted before he hung them. Garage is three floors. Wood shop for building the house on the second floor of the garage.

You don't go out in the backyard woods at his place unless you have gps or a compass and a gun to protect you from bears.

Attachments

• 4.gif
    4.gif
    175.6 KB · Views: 14
  • kkkkkkk.gif
    kkkkkkk.gif
    254 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back