Hunterstown speedway Gearing Question for Sr champ Animal

Depends if your asking for a day race there, or there regular Saturday night points program, If day race calcium track the info above is good, If for this Saturday night regular program 14 / 64 ish.

Do you have a chain breaker? You may need one with that big a change in gearing. Be interesting to know how much your weights change. Maybe not enough to matter with the same chain length. Still, I would be checking, if for nothing else, just to see how much it changes.

Do you have a chain breaker? You may need one with that big a change in gearing. Be interesting to know how much your weights change. Maybe not enough to matter with the same chain length. Still, I would be checking, if for nothing else, just to see how much it changes.
Won't need a chain break we make much more wide spread changes than that with no issues, weight's will be just fine.

Spent a lot of years as a champ kart crew chief at Hunterstown. The figures given above are perfect for starting points with a box stock class Animal on a champ, but one thing I also learned is that the surface at Htown can vary a lot, changing the gearing requirements. Used anywhere from a 14/61 to a 14/64 with a 14 tooth driver, 14/63 probably the most, and anywhere from a 15/63 to a 15/67 with a 15 tooth driver, with 15/66 and 15/67 being the most commonly used with that driver. NOTE - Two things that influenced the gear choice: I had 3 Animals, and they did not all prefer the same gearing for any given set of track conditions (one liked one tooth more on the rear, generally, than the other two, and that was the one I ran the most), AND, my driver during the animal years (ended at the end of the 2017 season), though a teenager, was over 6 feet tall and well over 230 pounds, which could definitely add a tooth or two to the rear gear. :) We were always WAY over the class minimum weight for both Jr. and Sr. champ.

Plus it varies more now on all classes for Saturday night races because Brian is not prepping it for speed, he's prepping it to hold and stay more consistent, where as the day races for the keystone series will be prepared for speed and track will have a lot more grip and make a bunch more natural momentum.

Back