Hunterstown Speedway

Surveyor

Thinking about going to Hunterstown next weekend, but I am still really new to this karting (that will be race 4 for me). Meeting a friend to help me out with my driving, but he was not sure on gearing / setup. This is advertised as 1/5 mile dirt. I am running box stock predator. It is open tire. I have a couple tires that came with a buyout so I will take recommendations, but all other tracks I run are Burris 33 only so that is what I have most of. Really appreciate the help, insight and information I have received from this site. I am looking forward to a time I know and understand enough to give back to the group.

If you only got 33s, fresh set early newer never prepped. The features 2020 or even 2019 harder never prepped.
18/59 gearing, 1.5" stagger front and rear.

Thinking about going to Hunterstown next weekend, but I am still really new to this karting (that will be race 4 for me). Meeting a friend to help me out with my driving, but he was not sure on gearing / setup. This is advertised as 1/5 mile dirt. I am running box stock predator. It is open tire. I have a couple tires that came with a buyout so I will take recommendations, but all other tracks I run are Burris 33 only so that is what I have most of. Really appreciate the help, insight and information I have received from this site. I am looking forward to a time I know and understand enough to give back to the group.
It's smaller than a 1/5 mile by like 150 lf
Selinsgrove is closer a true 1/5 mile.

I am no expert, but in open tire I see mostly Maxxis. They run multiple Reaper only classes, and I think next week is a reaper race, but they are advertising some open tire classes. Have not seen which ones. This week is canceled.

Maxxis is what most are running when it’s open tire. You might want to call Ron Pritt about your engine. I’m not sure they have a predator green plate class.

what would be your recomendation for tires at hunterstown
This weekend race Kart Klassic for Saturday 14 th has been canceled , rer07 the following Sat the 21 st is a Reaper Series race that rained out like 6 weeks ago , but yes there are a few open tire classes in that case Maxxis is the tire a New set is best 100 cc Internal wiped the outside with LS 2 some week of , be prepared to wipe at the track LS 2 , and LS 1 , with a Torch to get prep deeper in the tire . However there is NO Green plate Predator class , Green plate would be Clone which is called Rookie 1 , If you do not have New Maxxis, set on New Reapers are only $140 Ron Pritt has them for sale , those NO internal sand them pretty thin , NO wipe at home 1.5 " stagger front and rear , mix up 80 % Acroysol
and 20 % high bite , 1 or maybe 2 wipes the first time out, after that clean , refinish, 1 wipe and race keep running the same set all night even if 2 classes,

Back