Hyper Racing Engines Raptor

Anyone know anything about this engine builder?

I've come across a Raptor that has been stamped Hyper #519. It is a Raptor block with a stock rod(Raptor, integrated dipper), the piston is .010 over, the camshaft is marked 99-3, billet lifters, and the intake port looks to have been shown some love.

Any info on this setup would be nice.

It might be a local CA builder. I haven't heard of them, but back in those days there were a lot of small shops building motors.
It's got a good cam, if it's not wore out it's probably an OK motor.

It might be a local CA builder. I haven't heard of them, but back in those days there were a lot of small shops building motors.
It's got a good cam, if it's not wore out it's probably an OK motor.

The engine is in great shape. Any info on the cam?
I plan to install a 4.500" rod with the correct piston, billet wheel and a slide carb, probably a chikuni, and put it on a minibike. Not for racing, I just want a nice engine for cruising. How is this cam for that application?

you should be able to find the cam info at www.dynocams.com. The 94ss would be a better cam for cruising, lots of duration and a lot easier on the valve train with a decent idle, as long as you don't go overboard on carb size.
Are you going to be running on alcohol or gas?

you should be able to find the cam info at www.dynocams.com. The 94ss would be a better cam for cruising, lots of duration and a lot easier on the valve train with a decent idle, as long as you don't go overboard on carb size.
Are you going to be running on alcohol or gas?

This will be a gas engine. I've read a lot about the 94ss cam! I see they call this cam a "block breaker". I don't see any welding in the lifter area so I may lean towards a cam change. Until the cam change though, is this cam okay to be pull started?

It has the EZ Spin built into the cam for easier starting.
One thing, if it still has the stock carb and tank on it, it would probably be set up for alcohol, so you might want to be checking the jet size

It has the EZ Spin built into the cam for easier starting.
One thing, if it still has the stock carb and tank on it, it would probably be set up for alcohol, so you might want to be checking the jet size

The engine came with no carb and tank. All I need to worry about is jetting when putting my gas carb on right? Since I will be installing a new billet wheel(which would put the ignition timing back to where it needs to be, ifbit is in fact setbup for methanol)

Like stated , if the lifter bore is not welded . Keep the rpm down some .
Its a proven fact the cam will break it out .
Even then that may not be enough .

590C135A-B3BA-45A7-B37C-99EA17BB2759.jpeg

that will be the next thing you find you crank a slapper cam motor too hard.

Back