hyracer/animal question

That would really be retarded. (from your profile listed occupation)
Why would you want to get into all the problems associated with the clones.
Better do your homework.
Every day there are more and more people getting into the LO 206.

That would really be retarded. (from your profile listed occupation)
Why would you want to get into all the problems associated with the clones.
Better do your homework.
Every day there are more and more people getting into the LO 206.

X2....

That would be like changing from a Ferrari to a Yugo, all in the name of saving money. Forget about quality and reliability, let's go cheap. I'm with Jimbo, that WOULD be retarded !!

Dave E.

Retarded or not guys...the fact is in the deep south the clone is pushing the animal out and the champ class is not exempt in this regard.
I'm as strong of a Briggs supporter as you will find, but if the only engine allowed at his tracks is the clone, he'll have to play by their rules, race elsewhere, or stay home. Tough decision to make whether you are brand new to the sport or already own an animal engine.

Champs aren't exactly thriving anywhere in the country right now. If the champs are going to make a comeback, they're going to need to be on the same page as far as engine package. We travel 2 hours each way to run champs every weekend with flatheads still. (Go ahead, call me retarded.) :) I think the alcohol animal makes a great engine package for the champs with their extra weight. The LO206 has been tried in combined classes and proven successful against flatheads and 3 hole gold alky animals. I'd also tend to think that the new pro-gas engine would be a reliable and solid performer with the champ karts.

With all the fragmentation we have in karting today (ie 20+ classes of karts ea. night), we either need to lead by example in getting guys back to the animal engines, or look at combining engine packages within classes with appropriate weight brakes.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back