I can't make heads or tails of this stuff!

Also....just so you know, the "15 & up" classes doesn't mean you will be racing mostly against 15 year olds (this will depend on the crowd at the track(s) you will be racing at). That is just the minimum age for the class. Most adult classes in 4 cycle racing have a minimum age of 15, but drivers range widely in age.

Some of those 15 year old's already have 10 years experience seat time behind the wheel racing on the track... You may well, just find yourself trying to keep up with them....

Owensdad,
We race at East Lansing in the Clone Class. The majority of the drivers are over 50. Well at least 9. There were only a few drivers under the age of 20. It is a fun class and all the participants are friendly and helpful. I should say all the people associated with the track are great people. You should come and check it out.

im not sure how old this post is??? but look on your local craigslist... when I first started I found my kart for $400 with no motor or mount... at that time you could get a stock clone from harbor freight for $100 an the mount was $80 if I remember right... but I see clones ready to race out here for around $600-$1000... don't be in a rush and you may find a good deal???

Back