I cut the cable today info

I just reinstalled my dish cable .
The weather proof crimp connections and stripping tool make it super simple . Sure beats them ol twist on or crimp on conectors . The stripping tool is the bomb . Cant belive ive done it all these years with a pocket knife .

I only went with FUBO to get MAVTV and it's racing.

I was already sharing to get HULU and Disney.
And I gave out Netflix and FUBO in return.

We have 1000's of programs to choose from but mostly watch local news and history, tvl, discovery and smithsonian.

I could drop down internet speed but I need the ports for smart home stuff.
I already have two extra routers and a hub chained from my main router.
I have an internet camera and other stuff out on a pole in the yard and the internet over AC goes out to it.
I plugged it into an ethernet port on the cable modem/router to get a better signal from the backyard in.
For some dumb reason it just didn't like going to the cable modem via my router. oh well
I also just put a meter on my internet usage via my modem and depending on usage I may drop down what I'm paying to the cable company for internet.

Last edited:
I just reinstalled my dish cable .
The weather proof crimp connections and stripping tool make it super simple . Sure beats them ol twist on or crimp on conectors . The stripping tool is the bomb . Cant belive ive done it all these years with a pocket knife .

I have ever cable tool needed or you could ever imagine you might need from telephone to fiber.
When I retired from IBM I took all my tools with me as part of retiring.
I have gauges used to calibrate check gauges which check gauges. ... :)

Thanks for the info Paul...I’m going to look into that, did you get the same antenna

Yes and I also put one in my daughters house.

You can get it all done for less. It all depends on what you want or need to watch on TV.
We don't watch a lot of TV but when we do we have two TV's going and if I remember i'll post our internet usage after a month now that I'm tracking it. Your router probably has a way to track usage too. There's no need to pay for more internet or TV service then you need.

If all you want is local TV for the news and maybe a couple of shows then the $35 ariel is all you need and that's a one time cost.
Minimum internet should not cost anyone more then $40 a month.

As soon as 5G phone hits my area i'm going to switch and run everything off our phones, internet, phone and tv.
Don't buy cable stock.
5G will make it so nobody needs cable and cable will be a thing of the pase, no different then land line phones.
Local fiber optics will go the way of local telephone lines.
It will still be used for long distance but locally it just won't be needed.

Paul, I want to make sure I understand you. You put the antenna in your link to amazon in your attic, not up on the roof like on a chimney, right???

The antenna I put in the attic which rotates has it's coax cable going to the antenna port on this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6A6H74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Fire TV Recast cube has two TV outputs you can coax directly to two different TV's. It's output ports are tv1 and tv2.
You setup the Recast cube via your phone and you get 500gig of cloud recording from Amazon with it.

I also have a Toshiba fire TV and my Samsung has a 4k fire stick in it. And I also have a separate antenna on my Toshiba.

My first or the basic menu on each of my tv's is the firestick menu.

From there I go to either downloaded apps, live tv via antenna, live tv via fire cube and tons of other things.
Right now I'm watching Oak Island.

via... firestick Home, cursor down to my "FUBO" app, click on the app, go to it's tv guide menu, cursor down and click on the history channel.

On my fire tv in the firestick menu I can go to settings and select what ever hdmi tv port I wan't or other tv inputs.
I happen to have a google crome thing on one hdmi port and a netgear mirror on another port so I can mirror to my tv what ever I want.
We can set my phone in front of out regular tv with it's camera pointing at us and mirror what's on the phone to our big livingroom tv.
We then can video call my daughter and watch them(baby grandson) on our big screen tv while they do the same.

.... your rotating antenna goes to the fire Recast. I think it broadcasts to both my fire stick on one tv and the toshiba fire tv.

Paul, I want to make sure I understand you. You put the antenna in your link to amazon in your attic, not up on the roof like on a chimney, right???

yes in the attic

but it is per instructions an outdoor antenna so if you wanted to you could per what they say

Unless your in a valley an the extra height helps you better get a straight line to the digital tv towers, up higher won't help.
The extra antenna I have on a wall behind the bedroom tv doesn't hit Akron area pbs but the antenna in the attic does.
I don't know if it does because it's a better antenna or if the extra 6' of height helps.
It's probably the better antenna that gets out farther. but I don't know I never tried the better antenna down a little lower.

Back