I dont agree with!

Great banter here ! the one real kick in the pants for the big guys (i'm 250) is top weight. this puts more rotational leverage high on the kart Vs Low added weight..
Yes, when i was lighter i felt better, and i was faster... again, yes we can still win and be 40+# over class weight. Happy racing. fun fact... little guys are easier to spin out LOL
Here's how one of the big fella I used to race against put it. "Hard to move the fat guy"

Its not clones, but I know locally the predator classes, there was a guy that ran competitively with the lights more than 120lbs heavy. I have finished top 3 in medium racing 75lbs over, and I have won the "400" class weighing 440 total. Don't add rules just for the sake of adding rules. Get better.

This!! Why has baseball not changed the size of the home plate? So the players adapt to the game.

Dont adapt the game to yourself.

When I enduro raced, I ran light saturday and Heavy sunday with the same weight.

I am a heavier guy myself. Right now i am pushing 235 on the scale. I have stopped racing until i get my weight back down to at least 200. I tend to race the flathead class at a minimum kart weight of 375. When you are getting on the scales with no lead added and weighing over 420 its hard to compete with the 150lb drivers in your class. I in fact love to race but i also have a 12 year old son who races. So i feel with my journey to lose weight helps him out because i can focus directly on him and not me as well. Its an apples and oranges type of thing to me. The children are the future of karting and me at almost 40 years old really dont see me catching a ride in a bigger car. So just have fun at the track whether you are driving or crew chief.

Best thing about being over ...?
.______No need to check your weight ; on the Track scales .
I'm not a big guy by any means but i loose weight every week during race season. I am always adding lead to my kart and hoping i don't come across the scales lite on race day.

When you watch the competition go over the scales 1/2 # or a pound over .
Your 10-20 30 or more over no lead , all you can do is smile .
Hope they can keep up !

The only class I think the MIN driver weight rule should apply is Super heavy. Driver MIN 200lbs.

I also strongly agree in the Jr classes that once you move up to the next class you can NOT move back down. Its total BS seeing these kids run both Jr1 and Jr2 and Jr2 and Jr3 in a weekend. Sadly tracks allow it and as long as they get that $$ it don't matter...

The only class I think the MIN driver weight rule should apply is Super heavy. Driver MIN 200lbs.

I also strongly agree in the Jr classes that once you move up to the next class you can NOT move back down. Its total BS seeing these kids run both Jr1 and Jr2 and Jr2 and Jr3 in a weekend. Sadly tracks allow it and as long as they get that $$ it don't matter...
If tracks followed NKA rules that would be the case, but they don’t follow them.

Wouldn't running the 198 pound guys in Super heavy be the exact same thing as the skinny guys running medium and heavy, which you also don't like?

We run asphalt karts on sprint tracks and road courses. I am 6'2" and 230 lbs, I weigh 420lbs sitting in my kart , the class weight is 365 lbs. For me to hit max rpm on our IAME x30's of 16,000 rpm on a long straight I have to run 3 teeth larger in the rear sprocket than my 19 year old son, who weighs 140 lbs. We add weight to his karts to get to 365lbs. I am around 5 mph slower on top end at max rpm than he runs, I hit around 74 he runs around 80 mph. A good lap on the mile long track is mid 46-47 seconds, my best ever is upper 51's. I see that the AKRA Road Race series has a Tag Senior Heavy division, drivers over 35 years old. The X30 runs at 400 lbs, the ROK GP at 430 lbs so I decided I am going to run their race at Pittsburgh this fall, and I just bought a ROK GP. If I can drop 20 lbs off me and the kart I can run my x30, if not I run the ROK but either way at least I will not start with a huge weight disadvantage. I am curious to see how I do against the other guys at the same weight, it should be fun.

Back