I don't think I want Verizon

Renegade

My daughter and a couple other friends have Verizon and when they send me texts I get them 1 to 5 days later. Just had 4 new texts hit my phone at the same time, all of them from Verizon phones and sent last Saturday.

I have Verizon and have never had problems with texts.. voice mails occasionally are a day late. I drove straight thru sc on 85 and had 4g service the whole way.

At different points in time, I've used Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, AT&T, TMobile, and Net 10. Of all of these, Verizon was the one I had the least trouble with. I will be going back to them soon.

I've had Verizon for the last 11 years and never had any troubles sending or receiving text messages.

I've been a verizon customer since cell phones became available and have not experienced any issues.

Maybe it has something to do with your coverage area or your phone itself...

I switch to Verizon from AT&T and have been much happier . Something has to be wrong with her/your phone. Equipment on the towers is about the same minus the voice antennas now a days...Metal buildings could be a cause

Do any of you remember the Cellular One bag phones? That's what I had as my first mobile phone in the mid 90's.

Yes, a friend of mine had one of the first bag phones, not sure who the carrier was at the time. But it was a big deal to have one...

Verizon is expensive, but IMO best service. Worst Sprint. I have used both and others. At my current location only Verizon works, and I have 4g while most providers don´t even have service. Other than that anytime I had an issue and called they solved my problem within minutes, just the opposite with Sprint. In 3 of the locations I have lived Sprint will always have to go on roaming and then they tried to blame it on me when they didn´t even have service. Very poor customer service too. If I can pay it I will stay with Verizon.

Bennie, they're probably working on or updating the cell towers in your area. I had the same problem last month when they were working on the towers in my area, lasted about a week.

I've been with verizon for almost 12 years, have great coverage here in the pacific NW and rarely ever have had an issue. I have had delayed texts from a co-worker who is non verizon and he's the only person that I have had this issue so I'm going to assume it's a glitch with his or between the carriers.

Rusty

I had one of the old bag phones from cellular one i think it was like a dollar a min to use the thing. In my area Verizon is about the onlu one that has good coverage. I still had my service and internet during the ice storm a few years back,was rocking a generator for three weeks though.

Do any of you remember the Cellular One bag phones? That's what I had as my first mobile phone in the mid 90's.

I had one of the first ones also.It was like carrying a motorcycle battery on your shoulder.If that ain't bad the price I paid for it was 1,800 used.
Just before they came out we had a 2 way Motorola with a key pad on them so you can make calls.You talk about expensive phone bills 3-400 a month easy.

straight talk has been suprisingly good with their service and they're pretty cheap too, just not paying for the big cell phone names. buuuutttt I still have AT&T....lol

I googled it because it happened to me after I got a new phone and work tried to call - sometimes the 4G service has problems. If I had to do it again - regular cell phone and an I-pad.

Back