I Just Acquired A Clements Engine

Here ya go.

Attachments

• 100_1749.JPG
    100_1749.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 76
Approx. #'s.......400" Intake.......240" Exhaust. Both around .630" BC. Have y'all ever seen such a thing?
If this is lift, not duration as stated earlier, should be self explanatory why valve reliefs are different. No need to give up compression, if the valve never reaches that point.

If this is lift, not duration as stated earlier, should be self explanatory why valve reliefs are different. No need to give up compression, if the valve never reaches that point.
I understand why it may have been done. Was asking if anyone has seen this, and maybe expand on it? I appreciate your input, tho.

I "think" what he is referring to is the big difference in lift between IN & EX.
No, it is not common at all.
We tried something similar maybe 25-30 years ago and it didn't work - just built a bunch of heat.
I may still have the cam in the R&D area (I rarely get rid of anything = bad episode of hoarder.)
For very short tracks, we still build some ohv stuff with 1.3 ratio IN and 1.2 ratio ex to get some of this same effect of lower lift exhaust.

I "think" what he is referring to is the big difference in lift between IN & EX.
No, it is not common at all.
We tried something similar maybe 25-30 years ago and it didn't work - just built a bunch of heat.
I may still have the cam in the R&D area (I rarely get rid of anything = bad episode of hoarder.)
For very short tracks, we still build some ohv stuff with 1.3 ratio IN and 1.2 ratio ex to get some of this same effect of lower lift exhaust.
THAT's pretty much what I was looking for. Thank you, Brian.

Is the area above the piston (front of the head) divided into two non co-planer areas, or does a machining mark/reflection just make it appear that way?

Yes, there are 2 levels, and I DO know what you are asking. This is something else that I've never seen. It's almost like a built-in Head Gasket. There's even a little ledge under the middle bolt hole on the right, in the Picture.

Back