I like the sound of this thread.

I milled my head at home, did and port and polish with Dremel. I'm a first year karter but not a new racer. Always looking for free power. How many honestly index your spark plugs? It may only be an ounce of power, but...ounces make pounds, I do every think I can think of. Do they work? I don't know. But I'm finishing first or second every race.

I need a poboy way to put bigger valve seats in

Do you have a welder? If I can get pics uploaded I'll show you what I did...no wait..it looks like crap...but it worked! Used Sneaks method of knocking the seat out with a cut down valve and 4 deck screws. Then I took a piece of allen wrench I welded to the head of another valve and ground it like a blade. (aluminum cuts easy)
Hardest part is measuring and making the cutter the right diameter. Doing it again I would practice on a piece of wood until I got the dia correct then cut the seat hole. (hence why the first one I did looks like crap)

Oh, and love thread premis of the thread, c'mon all you guys with secrets, lets go! ;)

Tip: don't concern yourself with lightening the rotating assembly. Concern yourself with BALANCING the rotating assembly.
Maybe one of the po' boyz will dig up the formula. Probably it's possible to Google it up.
I have it here somewhere, and use it on my own stuff.

Tip: don't concern yourself with lightening the rotating assembly. Concern yourself with BALANCING the rotating assembly.
Maybe one of the po' boyz will dig up the formula. Probably it's possible to Google it up.
I have it here somewhere, and use it on my own stuff.
Some examples

Here's my tip.

Success is preparation and perspiration. If you're unable to provide enough on one, be prepared to need a lot more of the other.

Like this thread..I am not new to racing or building stuff..but with myself an 2 boys about to race..well you guys no money gets tight.lol

if any of you actually shock your self with the plug wire by hand spinning the flywheel like my self
then do your self a favor make sure that the same hand that you shock is grounded to the engine
its not a great idea to have thousands of volts going through your heart
2nd tip I taught this to my self when I was 10 years old
yanking the the starter cord with the plug out seemed like a good way to test the spark until my dads mower burst into flames
then I tried to put it out with the garden hose
then I learned that this was not very easy either

Last edited:
Back