I need a second..LO 206 Help Please

Well, maybe...

But what if the tire circumferences are different? RPM's might be the same, gears are the same, but the kart with the "longer" tread on the rears would end up traveling at a higher top speed, would it not?

Not the intent of his post or mine, but you are absolutely right. I wrongly assumed... you think I would know by now what happens when you assume.

I picked up about 9 tenths average on each lap. Pulled the tires off put them on 7 inch rims and bingo. I went from 22.9 average laps to 21.07 21.03 21.09 .. On Saturday I won back to back double points races and on Sunday. I was lucky enough to win the 50 Lap endurance race.

That is over-the-top awesome !

Changing the rims also gave you a taller ratio which may indicate you should continue to reduce your rear gear size

Jamiespop, During one of my practice runs, I tore the rear gear off on the track edge. The 72 rear was and is very close to the track.,not very forgiving.. My clutch was coming in at 3600.. I had on YJL tires toward the middle of the first race my tires started to get to high of air pressure and bound me up.
I reduced the air pressure and the first 12 laps I was a bit loose but the second half I was sailing. I couldn't get the smile off my face.
Gary 10- When you say reduce your gear size are you saying less teeth on the back or more. Or are you talking front , clutch gear…
I would certainly like to run a 13or 14 front and a smaller rear gear.. Ill have to try it. I can always go back.

Less teeth on the back. But ideally as you mentioned you would be much better off to go smaller clutch driver to get better ground clearance for your rear sprocket

Everything about your post is spot on except for this one line. Everyone would hit the same top speed with the same gear ratio. They just would not hit it at the exact same point, nor would they have the same average speeds, but top speed would be exactly the same. Still very good advice in this post.

Everything i said was basically just hypothetically speaking, trying to get AL to understand that there are way too many variables that affect the speed and accelleration of each kart in the field. His information was pretty misleading and i could not help but to try and offer some insight, hypothetically of course.

Back