I need of matching Hub

Bonzolo

Found a go kart buried in a farmers shed and bought it off him for next to nothing, he had everything for it except one of the rear hubs was missing.
I tried eBay, Amazon and google and could not find anything that matched this hub. I thought I might try my luck here.

All I know is that it is for a 1 inch diameter axle.

I have tried BMI karts before and found nothing of this odd size

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18
Looks hard to find . Antique shows , vintage swap meets .
Scroll through the beginners section someone had the same issue maybe you have the same hubs .

Looks like a Margay 62 series hub. Can you post a pic of one of the rims ?
The rear wheels are not in great condition at all but I’m trying to keep costs to a minimum so instead of buying all new rims tyres and hubs, I would like to find one that fits. I’m wondering what size rim this is so I can find a hub maybe? But there seems to be no sizes on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 23
11x6x5 means it's a 5 inch diameter with 6" wide tire . 11 tall
I bet Scott21 is right about the margay 62 hub .

Found this in a 2012comet catalog :
Of course it's a front .

Attachments

• 1605486588273633411590743858407.jpg
    1605486588273633411590743858407.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 32
awful sad the local schools likely don't have a shop class any more... back in 84-85 i got to take shop class and we had a foundry and melted all sorts of alum down, made molds of parts and recreated them. this would be an ideal class project.

For the uneducated , then it's a "trophy" hub off a Bug Chassis ?
Yes
I would guess a mid 70's Wasp. Bug produced their own hubs and rims to compete with Margay and others. The two factors you would want is the center hole size of the rim (hub register) and the "bolt circle" of the retaining bolts. I remember the bolt circles of 2-3/8", 2-1/4" and there may be others. Knowing those two things (and axle diameter) will get you a current production hub - although it will not match in appearance.

Measure the outside diameter of the rear axle. that looks like a 30mm or 1.250 axle. There are lots of hubs to fit those 2 axles. The wheels like like the base US or Metric mount and are available as well.

Back