I need to pick up ! Second. Lo 206

Vernhardt

Im racing small sprint track. Adult heavy class. Lo-206.. Im running in the top two or three every race. I need to pick up 1 second a lap. Im running 35 chain and front gear is 16 rear sprocket is 73. there are a lot of tight corners.. Any suggestions. Im within 3 lbs of the weight limit for the class. Im frustrated I can't seem to get the little bit. What would you guys do.??/:confused:

Are you hitting the rev limiter generously? The smaller the track, the more time you want to spend pegged at max RPMs.

Work on setup and driving. One second off is 90% driving but a 73 gear is outrageous. If you truly have the correct ratio you should be on a 13/61. A 206 usually runs a tall gear ratio compared to other 4cycle engines so that track must be a bullring. What track is it

Work on setup and driving. One second off is 90% driving but a 73 gear is outrageous. If you truly have the correct ratio you should be on a 13/61. A 206 usually runs a tall gear ratio compared to other 4cycle engines so that track must be a bullring. What track is it
I don't see how a 16/73 is outrageous. That's a 4:56 ratio, and you are suggesting a 4:69 ratio which is even shorter.

I don't see how a 16/73 is outrageous. That's a 4:56 ratio, and you are suggesting a 4:69 ratio which is even shorter.

I believe what Gary is saying is you don't ever need to run 70+ Rear gear.

I tell my drivers to sty between 55-65.

Like Lawson said your not going to get 1 second off a gear change. Tuning and driving.

Jamie you are correct I miscalculated but kyle got my point. In 20 years of racing loo I have never seen or heard life any 4cycle with a gear that big on the back so something doesnt sound right. 13/59 would be a better starting point in comparison, but unless the track is the tightest sprint track in the U.S., even that ratio is too short. That is not a sarcastic remark fyi

Back