i think i am the only one still having fun

castshop

most of the things i read on hear are guys compling. tires cost to much motors cost to much gas cost to much. Little johnys dads is cheating. the big teams always win. the list goes on for ever. this is a hobby have fun it cost a lot of money and takes a lot of time. if you are not having fun do something else. you are not forced to do this. yes winning is fun but there is only one winner. go to the track with all the things you need to have fun and yes winning is the most fun. on this site is the info you need to win. do you home work, if you dont put in the time or have a lot of money to pay someone to do it for you are not going to win. there is a guy that post on here a lot he races at my home track. he race out of the back of his car with a open trailer only big enough for his kart. he is the track champ in 375 pred. he doesnt have the best of everthing money can buy but he dose his home work and has what it take to win and has fun. he moved up to clones this year i bet he wins. i have been doing this for almost 30 years. my gradson started last year he is 5 i still race a uas kart. we travel all over to all the big and small races i do my home work spend lots of money we win sometimes but i allways do my home work befor we go to have what we need. we allway have fun. have fun

I lost my way for awhile and it wasn't fun. Took my hiatus and came back and last year I had more fun than ever. It hurts not winning but I gotta have fun doing it or what's the point. Now my son's starting and I've been drilling it into his competitive head that it's about having fun. Winning makes it better but at this level it's all about fun.

Castshop - one of the best posts I've read on here in a long time! To be totally honest, it took me a good many years to look at racing the way you do. But once I faced reality and accepted I was never going to be the next Mario Andretti (Place eye-roll here...) and just do the best I can with what I have, racing was a whole lot less stressful and less expensive - and fun!

The worst is when I see parents screaming at their kids because they aren't running up front. Or telling their kids they need to push another kart off the track if they can't pass them any other way. I HATE THAT! Those parents are turning one of the best bonding experiences of their child's life into a nightmare. In that situation, which one is really being the child?

We're all at the track for the same thing - to go as fast as we can and do the best we can. At the end of the day there can only be one winner. The rest of us are also-rans, and I'm perfectly OK with that!

like 30 years racing karts and still have fun. In fact I probably have more fun than those years i used to win a race most weekends. I have less drama now, too many karts, but no pressure to win and lot of good friends. Can you win in a stock clone class without a good builder nowadays? I doubt it. When I ran flatheads and did good I had one of the best building my engines (Hi Tech), a great Kart for those years (Tempest) and great new tires cut and prepped by top guys too. It is true I can do good my own tires now, And build 4 and 2 stoke engines, which is part of the fun, but still have Buller building my main UAS engine, for example. Tell you the truth I think I spent more money racing stock classes than UAS, more money on tires, bodies, freshen engines, entries, etc.

most of the things i read on hear are guys compling. tires cost to much motors cost to much gas cost to much. Little johnys dads is cheating. the big teams always win. the list goes on for ever. this is a hobby have fun it cost a lot of money and takes a lot of time. if you are not having fun do something else. you are not forced to do this. yes winning is fun but there is only one winner. go to the track with all the things you need to have fun and yes winning is the most fun. on this site is the info you need to win. do you home work, if you dont put in the time or have a lot of money to pay someone to do it for you are not going to win. there is a guy that post on here a lot he races at my home track. he race out of the back of his car with a open trailer only big enough for his kart. he is the track champ in 375 pred. he doesnt have the best of everthing money can buy but he dose his home work and has what it take to win and has fun. he moved up to clones this year i bet he wins. i have been doing this for almost 30 years. my gradson started last year he is 5 i still race a uas kart. we travel all over to all the big and small races i do my home work spend lots of money we win sometimes but i allways do my home work befor we go to have what we need. we allway have fun. have fun
I heard that. If you aren’t having fun there is no reason to be out there. After all this is a hobby for most of us 😉

Been running karts for 18 years now...biggest reason for so long is I do have fun...I don't win as much as some, my primary goal each time I go to race anywhere is to bring myself and the kart home in one piece, if things work out where I'm in position to win, I go for it, otherwise any money/trophies I get back at the end of the night is just gravy...😉

Back