I want to better my clone but stay akra legal

Before you even start looking at "upgrading" your engine, you need to scale the kart.

Once youve got the kart baselined, you need to get your tire program in order.

Once youve got your tire program in order, you need to get the gearing right.

Only then would I bother looking at HP

Before you even start looking at "upgrading" your engine, you need to scale the kart.

Once youve got the kart baselined, you need to get your tire program in order.

Once youve got your tire program in order, you need to get the gearing right.

Only then would I bother looking at HP
I have been on a tire program I think I jumped the gun on posting a thread about hp and now I know after extensive reading that scaling and tires matter most

My shop has a decent floor I built it myself I'm going to use the precise blocks and a single bathroom scale. I know it will be alot of work but if I use blocks the exact same height as the scale and rotate the scale I should be able to give a half accurate percentage as to why my kart is handling poorly I do plan on getting a better scaling method in the future but as of right now it is all I have to work with.
Your using one scale and moving it to each corner ?

I have 4 identical analogue scales and may scale on a big sheet of leveled steel plate...you think that would be sufficient?

As far as your motor. A blueprinted carb is a must. Cam installed on centerline to fit your track. Best ported cylinder head. You could take your motor and have it put on a dyno. Finding the sweet spot on carb jetting valve lash and header might get you quite a bit. You also would know where the motor falls off on power , to help on gear selection.

I have 4 identical analogue scales and may scale on a big sheet of leveled steel plate...you think that would be sufficient?
Yes that would be way better, then enter your scale numbers into a program like iRaceWeigh and it will tell you where your at.

I feel that way also but the other karts are running almost the same ratio and when I look at the videos of us running it dont sound like they are turning 6500 or 6700...I know I would like to turn 6500 at the end of the straight ....I'm going home to scale my kart and get my frame info
Doesn’t matter what the other guys are doing... if you’re doing the same as they are, you’ll never be faster than them, don’t be afraid of changes just make good notes...

If the track is a 3/8 mile track , you are gear bound . Is it a kart track or a car track that runs karts on it . On a tight corner track you might get by with a 16 driver , but if the corners are big and sweeping , you need to be up on driver . We ran on our local 3/8 banked car track a few years ago , and guys were on 20 and 21 drivers , turning 7,000 rpms at the entrance to the corners . We were going way to fast on a dirt , not so smooth track , thats why we don't race on it any more . Way to dangerous . But you really need to get your handling issues addressed .

Back