IAME X30 experiences

IRQVET

I'll start off by saying I really wanted the IAME KA100 after hearing such awesome stuff about that engine package. But my problem was (locally) nobody runs them except for a handful of 100 pound teenage types; whereas as the adults run exclusively a mix of 125cc (X30, Leopard, Rotax, and Rok). But I bit the bullet and recently found a NOS blue printed X30 for a very reasonable price, but I have to admit I am not super knowledgable on 2 stroke engines so I'm courious to hear what others have to say about this particular engine.

Any words of wisdom?

Did you happen to get the builders contact info ? Main things - keep spare plugs, clean fuel and clean air filter. There are always little odds and ends you’ll accumulate over the season.

They are rock solid engines.

Builder/ Track that built the engine was well known, but unfortunately shuttered their doors eariler this year. So this was one of their motors that they blue printed just before they closed; Ocala Grand Prix. (OGP)

Attachments

• IAME2.jpg
    IAME2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 34
Break it in properly, set carb at 11/4 rounds out on both jets , which maybe a little rich but safe of first run, set pipe flex , keep water temp below 150 degree F , on sprint track run it up close to the 16,000 rev limiter and run the crap out of it !!

Can someone unpack the proper break in period. Talk to me like I'm 5 cause I seriously have no clue, 2 stroke is completely foreign to me.

You just need to heat cycle it 3 times on stand, start it up and let it run at a low rpm so that the water pump is turning. If you have a fan lt it blow on radiator. Run it for 10 minutes shut it off and let it cool back down.
Restart the process for a 2nd and 3rd time.
The first session on the track driving the kart don’t run it full throttle for a few laps . After that keep temp down and enjoy it.
Always remember that you need oil in fuel or it will turn into a piece of scrap metal.
The gear case need oil in it to before starting it up. 14cc’s of 30 weight oil. You can check to see if has oil by plug in front of motor case. You will probably lose it all by checking it. But better safe than sorry.

Back